Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11721

Need to raise a bit of cash to complete my current projects, if you're interested I can post pics, confirm exact spec & we can talk prices & postage :)

I'd be wanting payment by direct bank transfer; I will send by fully tracked/insured courier, TBH this makes it too expensive to send overseas :(

1 - Mardave Meteor: lightly restored & used since, early boxart colours (white body, red wing, red holey wheels); to be sold as rolling chassis with new 540 motor & steering servo.

2 - King Blackfoot: had very little use when I got it, rebuilt & used a couple of time since & is a bit dirty, body is in French Blue & white with original style Scorcher decals, unfortunately it does have some damage to the front after I twunted a garden bench. Chassis has been slightly modified with a wheelie bar on the back, upside down & centralised steering servo with modified Frog underguard, RC10 shocks on the front (& loose original pogo sticks if you want them); to be sold as rolling chassis with new 540 motor & steering sevo. I also have another used body coming in the post which I could include, I can't really comment on the condition of that until it arrives.

3 - Wild Willy M38 LWB - just completed custom build, but will need the alloy servo plate, servos, MSC & RX if you want to run it. See link in sig.

4 - Bullhead, unused since rebuild (see link in sig), I'd prefer to take the RX & ESC out before sale.

5 - Williams FW11B - just completed rebuild/light restoration. To be sold as per the link in my sig, minus the RX & ESC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11734

Id love the bullhead but im supposed to be limiting my outlay :( :( unless you have a payment plan :laugh:

Im interested in your meteor though

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11736

The Meteor has been rebuilt & repainted rather than having a full on restoration, the bumper is not original, motor is a lightly used Mardave G2 labelled silvercan. Tyres are good although a little dusty. It has the antenna holder under the rear wing.

I let the remaining oil out when I rebuilt it as I knew it would be spending a lot of time on the shelf, and they didn't hold oil on these cars even when they were new. Damage, there is a bit - the chassis underside has a lot of marks, and there skidmarks on the wing where the tyres have rubbed.

Overall I'd say it's good for a runner - although obviously you'd need an RX, battery & ESC :)

Attachments:

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11737

Don't suppose you've got a 30-quidder Mardave Cobra kicking about have you? In bits, busted, whatever as long as it's more or less complete - trying to land one for my bro's birthday but it's just not happening. There's bits on Ebay, & another guy doing a pair of tidy ones with a 50 quid starting bid, open to offers but he won't split them

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11752

Don't suppose you've got a 30-quidder Mardave Cobra kicking about have you? In bits, busted, whatever as long as it's more or less complete - trying to land one for my bro's birthday but it's just not happening. There's bits on Ebay, & another guy doing a pair of tidy ones with a 50 quid starting bid, open to offers but he won't split them

I did have a complete, um, shed ;) of a Cobra, but that went back in early June :(

The only other Cobra I have I really don't want to sell - & certainly not for 30 quid :blink: :)

I spotted the pair of Cobras you mentioned ... I guess you could buy the pair - probably for not much over the starting price - make one good one & a less good one & sell it on - but with eBay fees there'd be no money in it. The postage is excessive & looking at them, they're not far off the maximum of what they're worth at that start price :S

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11756

I kinda thought that already, but thought I'd ask anyway, just in case....
Yep, had considered buying the pair on Ebay & re-selling 1 to recoup some cost, but like you said, the starting bid is already at the top end of about what they're worth & buying to resell would end up costing me over the odds. In conflab with the other guy with the bits listing at the mo & it looks like he's got enough bits to build one, just waiting for him to get back to me with a price for the lot, see how that goes

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11766

Ha, this is exciting! - looks like I've bagged a pile of Cobra bits, enough to build one apparently... No idea what it's like, which makes it even more exciting! (Nothing more exciting than a box of "Undefined" on its way!)

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11770

Nothing more exciting than a box of "Undefined" on its way!

I second that! :)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11790

How much do you want for the Meteor?

Re: Various cars for sale 11 years 8 months ago #11792

How much do you want for the Meteor?

Really looking for 40 GBP including tracked/insured shipping :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.