Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $90 9 years 4 months ago #32523

Downsizing a bit and going in a different direction with my vintage collection. Up for sale I have a vintage Tamiya Hotshot with Tamiyas H.P. (high performance) suspension kit. Buggy was built as a runner and although it is in excellent condition it is not perfect.

There are a few mismatched screws. Also the MSC wires that go to the resistors have been cut. The aluminum resistor heat sinks and their mounting plates are included but the resistors themselves are broken. The buggy is ready to run and will come with a Futaba 2 stick FP-T2GS radio, and an era correct Tamiya hump back battery pack that still takes a charge and drives the buggy. Because of the current state of the MSC the buggy only has one speed in forward and reverse and that speed is full throttle. You will also need to add your own crystals to the radio. The ones I have will not be included.

Overall this is a very nice runner, and wouldn't take much to make a beautiful shelf queen. $90 shipped via USPS priority mail with insurance and tracking.

You can see my thread on this buggy here

www.rcgroups.co...?t=2244148

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RCer4Life.

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $115 9 years 4 months ago #32676

Price reduced

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $100 9 years 4 months ago #32686

HI!... Someone buy this. This is a great deal. I'd be interested but I already have 5 of this class of RC car. I don't need any more. lol

Got any pics of the bottom of the car?

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $100 9 years 4 months ago #32687

I do have a couple pics of the bottom of the chassis. I'll have to get them posted. It is very clean. Only a few minor scrapes.

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $100 9 years 4 months ago #32710

Here's a shot of the bottom of the chassis

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $100 9 years 4 months ago #32712

HI!... Does it have the original MSC in it? I don't see the MSC resistors mounted at the rear? Any pic of the inside of the radio box?

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $100 9 years 4 months ago #32713

It has the original MSC in it. The wires to the resistors had been cut when I received the buggy. The resistors and their mounting plates are included but the resistors themselves are broken in half inside their heat sinks. Because of that the MSC is one speed only. Full throttle forward and reverse as explained in the original post.

I do not have any pics of the inside of the radio box, and I won't be opening that rats nest up to take any lol. Too big of a pain in the butt to get everything tucked back in there and get it closed up right.

Oh I also forgot to mention that the crystals in it will now be included. I found another set for my other vintage radio so that I don't have to remove the ones in this buggy. One more reason I have no desire to open the chassis back up. ;)

Price reduced to $90 shipped! If it doesn't sell for that in the next couple days I'll either keep it or put it on ebay.

Last edit: by RCer4Life.

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $90 9 years 4 months ago #32715

HI!... PM sent.:)

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $90 9 years 4 months ago #32716

Reply sent!

Vintage Tamiya Hotshot With H.P. Susp Kit RTR $90 9 years 4 months ago #32718

Sold!!!! Thanks again RCer4Life. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.697 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.