Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41005

it would be a nice idea to do the jeep in an army style.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41011

In my mind, not for a on road version. But stock with Hi lift tires that could be nice.

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41012

I don't think I would use the wheel & tyres they give you in the lowering kit though. Not for the Jeep anyway. Do you know if the Jeep's original wheels & tyres would fit the CC01 lowered?

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41013

Yes they fit.

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41059

It's been a long time since I last looked at a Tamiya kit & (a) thought it was good value for money & (b) liked it.
The CC01 in my opinion is an absolutely fantastic base for some really enjoyable scale driving off-road.
My only gripe with it (As with most/all Tamiyas) is that in combination with the body they supply in a certain kit, it's not "True-to-life", ie not a true scale model.

The exceptions have been the Isuzu Mu (Other than the coil-over front shocks verses torsion bars), & now this Freeder thingy (Anyone know what "Freeder" refers to? I thought it was a spelling mistake at first...).
The CC01 chassis is pretty much what you will find under most real Japanese 4x4s.
Makes me spit when some tool thinks it right to mount a Unimog or Bronco shell on it.
Mark 4 Hilux or Surf/4runner would be (Sort of) ok though (Someone did a 4runner - was it Kyosho?)

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41060

The CC01 is a semi scale chassis. It looked very similar to the original with the wrangler body. And the 4 runner is a kyosho chassis but in 1/9th. And largely harder to find. I know that it was available in gp. This chassis was in the same scale spirit of the CC01 but it is older. And the body is in lexan.

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41061

Nah, the real Wrangler had live axles front & rear, I'm sure of it.
CC01 is closest to most Japanese 4x4s eg Pajero, Shogun, 4runner, Mu (Frontera/Brava/Rodeo), Nissan D21 etc.

80s Ranger, Bronco, Blazer, Chevy S10, Unimogs, Suzuki Jimny, Hilux (Up to mk3) etc belong on a dual live axle chassis.

If I was being really picky, even the Hilux/Bruiser/Mountaineer aren't quite the same as a real Toyota Hilux chassis, & the High-lift is a joke (I really wish I hadn't bought one!)

Anyway.... I think this is the reason the Freddo appealed to me - I don't think it's trying to represent a real vehicle, just something generic, so who's to say if the body-mechanics combo is right or wrong. Having said that, I think the body is disappointingly lacking in detail being lexan.

As far as the lowering kit goes, I'm sure it's what my Mu was fitted with when I bought it (Mu lowrider) & didn't everyone hate that look & those wheels?
I think RC4WD's white 8-spokes would look "Fitting" on it, much the same as cow dung around the wheelarches of a Landrover - it's not about what parts look good, more about what looks "Right"
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41073

:y: So many details! Sure I have not your knowledges. That's amazing. A hilift can't be right with a body?

Tamiya LandFreeder! 7 years 6 months ago #41077

Just me being picky...
I think if I had the chance, I'd swap my Hilux high-lift for the F350 version - looking at it now it looks far better to me.
Still thinking about buying a freddo, but I'm also drooling over the various scaler chassis there are out there now - I particularly like the Cross 6x6 ural truck
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.