Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

customize the mountaineer a bit 7 years 4 months ago #41734

Now I want to put a bruiser sleeper on it, ordered the parts tree on ebay quite cheap, now to deduce how I assemble it...

Okay I know I can google bruiser building instructions, would do it. Buck! noticed that originally Bruiser had sleeper molded in, so I have ordered a rere part ( originally idea was to screw sleeper instead of the rollcage)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

customize the mountaineer a bit 7 years 4 months ago #41747

chosen the full setup:

I place a third servo on the MSC servo place (I got an ESC) this servo would handle a modified Tamiya MSC (Minus the resistor) this MSC would control on board lights (So I can control more than one light set with one channel) Idea is to control Beams and long beams with the two light channels to forward, and sleeper lamp/ reverse lights with backwards, the servo would be controlled by an analogue wheel.

On the sleeper would be place for an extra 7.2V battery connected in parallel with the main battery, sleeper battery would be made to look like a bunkbed with head pillow.

idea is to once painted, bolt the sleeper on it's place, but because Tamiya decided to not put on same parts tree the venetian blinds thing behind the sleeper, to use the back cab window on it's place, I know I'll have to cut some plastic for this to work , but the plastic window plus a dark gray fabric blind and the bed into the sleeper would look rather cool.

Also, y suppose I'll can assemble the roll-cage behind the sleeper, using the aft holes for the now forward bolts, aft bars would rest neatly over the tailgate.
Perhaps I undo the roll-cage lights and assemble them over the sleeper

customize the mountaineer a bit 7 years 4 months ago #41753

Hi Dash,
Very nice project you got there.
I'm a great fan of Bruiser's and Mountaineers (I have a few :dry: ) andi'd love to see the progress of it with pictures !
Thanks for sharing
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

customize the mountaineer a bit 7 years 4 months ago #41765

just pre-assembled the roll cage after the eventual sleeper (didn't arrived yet, so I was doing what I could) so, forward bar piece (were lights attach) can fit on the holes pre-made for aft. roll bar, but because it rest over the rear fender, it sits too tall for aft. bars to secure to anything, but I found that a plastic Tamiya hex wheel hub of 12mm fits perfectly, so I elongated aft. bars with two of those hubs the Hex has the axle hole, where a 3x6 mm screw fits also perfectly, so after bolting said hubs reassembled the roll cage. besides I dry assembled the lights on the roof, would fix them over the sleeper when it arrives as long they look good.

customize the mountaineer a bit 7 years 3 months ago #41965

Hi, quick doubt, can I put re re axles on my mounty? (for differentials), also, pic

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Last edit: by AndyAus. Reason: full size pic
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.