Introducing the all-new XBG chassis, the TGS-R! More power, better weight distribution and all-round improved performance, the TGS-R is perfect for XBG drivers wanting to make that next step. Combined with the super sports car Carrera GT body, this baby is going to fly.
About the Porsche Carrera GT
The super sports car Carrera GT features all the latest racing technology. The V10 engine delivers 8,400 rpm, providing a whopping 605hp propelling the Carrera 330km/h. Weighing just 205kg, the engine is mounted in the middle of the carbon fibre chassis for optimum weight distribution. The Carrera features an unmistakably Porsche design including an open top with attachable hardtop, aerodynamic exterior mirrors, massive air inlets, classic Porsche front headlight design and large sports wing for optimum downforce with minimum drag.
About the TGS-R
FS-12SS engine of the TGS has been replaced by the more powerful FS-12SW, as featured in the TG10. Not only providing more power, the FS-12SW engine is as easy to use as the FS-12SS, ensuring the TGS-R retains the crucial ease-of-use factor that comes with the image of a ready-to-run chassis. Standard gear has been upgraded to the Speed-Tuned Gear, previously an option part for the TGS chassis, providing a gear ratio of 8.67:1 (TGS has a 10.4:1 ratio). Full bearings and oil dampers ensure that despite this extra speed, the TGS-R also features improved running performance and stability.
• Construction type : RTR (Ready-to-Run)
• Terrain use : on-road
• Drive-train : 4WD
• Drive type : shaft
• Drive line : dog bone
• Differential type : gear
• Suspension : fully independent double wishbone
• Steering mechanism : bell-crank
• Shock damper : oil-filled damper
• Shock damper material : plastic
• Tire type : rubber
• Tire tread : radial
• Body material : Polycarbonate
• Chassis material : plastic
• Motor : Nitro glow engine
• Bearings : shielded ball bearing
• FS-12SS engine of the TGS has been replaced by the more powerful FS-12SW.
• Features recoil starter and Speed-Tuned Gear.
• Full bearings and oil dampers ensuring improved running performance and stability.
• Rear spoiler and mirror comes as separate parts.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.