Reissue of the 84227 kit, which has a body from the vintage 58026 kit.
The Renault 5 Turbo Rally was based upon the French manufacturer’s Renault 5 road model and debuted in the 1978 WRC, taking a number of victories in the early-mid 1980s. The Tamiya R/C car has faithfully recreated the vehicle as a radio control model on the capable M-05Ra chassis.
Rally Ready M05Ra Chassis
Based on the front wheel drive M-05, the rally-tuned M-05Ra chassis features a lightweight, narrow, durable, and easy-assembly semi-monocoque resin frame. The 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension is equipped with specially designed hub carriers and uprights to increase ground clearance by 5mm. Front skid guard, side guards, and rally block tires are also included to allow you to enjoy both gravel and tarmac driving.
• Polycarbonate body with separate moulded plastic component for the front bumper.
• Includes stickers for decoration, and window masking stickers for use during painting.
• Rally-tuned M-05Ra variant features specially designed hub carriers and front/rear uprights to increase ground clearance by 5mm. It employs a lightweight, narrow and durable semi-monocoque frame, and is at home both on gravel and asphalt.
• Front skid guard and side guards included.
• 8-spoke wheels are paired with rally block tires.
• A host of Hop-Up Option parts is available to soup up your chassis even further.
• Includes 540 motor.
• Includes: Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit.
• Required Items: 2-Channerl radio, steering servo, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.
58026 Renault 5 Turbo
15 Oct 1981