This R/C model assembly kit recreates the rally oriented 2003 Ford Focus RS Custom on the easy to assemble and drive TT-02 chassis. In 2003, the Ford Motor Co. Team chief engineer Christian Loriaux made various changes to the Focus such as seat position, roll cage and suspension, and improved aerodynamics with the updated bumper shape, hood intake position and large rear wing and more. The 2-liter inline-4 turbo engine was capable of 300PS and 550Nm. This rally car secured second place in the Manufacturer ranking four times during its 7-year race campaign and showed off its strength. This kit recreates a custom street version without sponsor logos.
TT-02: Adaptable, balanced shaft driven 4WD.
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to give excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports.
• Lightweight, durable 1.0mm-thick polycarbonate body.
• Separate plastic parts realistically depict side mirrors and rear wing element.
• Efficient shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis features superior adaptability and stability.
• White 16-spoke wheels are paired with tread pattern racing radial tires.
• Comes with window masking stickers for use in the painting process.
• Includes 540 Torque Tuned Motor.
• Includes ESC.
• Requires 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger and Tamiya PS paints to complete.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.