The Squash Van is our latest fun-to-drive big tire vehicle that is inspired by 1950’s American panel vans. The polycarbonate body shell sits on top of the new gear-driven 4WD GF-02 chassis, which is a variant of the comical GF-01. While the GF-01 chassis features a comical design, the GF- 02 chassis employs a more realistic wheelbase and a frame with ladder and pipe motifs.
The gear-driven 4WD GF-02 chassis features its motor in a low, central position in the lightweight, durable monocoque frame, and transmits power to front and rear via gears. The long wheelbase and wide tread setup ensure stable off-road performance. The slim frame features ladder/pipe motifs and features integrated sealed gearboxes which help keep stones out. Front and rear gear differentials allow smooth cornering, while separately sold pinion gears offer a choice from three types of gear ratios, and a motor guard enhances reliability off-road. The 4-wheel double wishbone suspension employs four friction dampers, and the steering servo is positioned on the left with identical-length tie-rods.
• V-Block pattern Block Tires 122.8mm diameter.
• Gear Ratios: 18T (18.03:1), 20T (16.23:1), 17T (19.09:1) Kit is supplied with 18 tooth pinion gear.
• 4WS-four-wheel steering compatible with separately sold third-party 4WS function radio.
• Body post position same as long wheelbase CC-02 chassis.
• Includes 540 brushed type motor and ESC.
• Required to complete: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.