The model replicates the Mitsubishi Pajero combined with the CW-01 chassis. After the announcement of the concept car at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1973, the Mitsubishi Pajero was one of the most recognizable Mitsubishi 4WD cars, sold from 1982 to 2021 in four vehicle generations.
At the 1983 Paris-Dakar rally, this car won the championship in an unmodified production vehicle division and subsequently showed its great performance value around the world.
This kit recreates the first generation model produced from 1982 to 1990. Based on the 58499 1/10 R/C Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie, the tires have been changed changed from a whopping 115mm big to rock block tires, and the kit features the oil filled shock absorbers of the CVA II short type.
• The ABS plastic body (like the original version 58499) realistically depicts the shape of the first generation Mitsubishi.
• CW-01 chassis uses short cut CVA II oil filled shock absorbers. (as an alternative to the friction shock absorbers supplied as standard on previous versions of the CW-01 chassis).
• Newly designed 5-spoke wheels are paired with rock block tyres.
• The stickers depict the road car design.
• Please note that the body is not pre-painted.
All parts according to Tamiya Guide books, Tamiya manuals and Tamiya parts listings.
58499 Mitsubishi Montero Wheelie
14 Sep 2011