Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Discontinued plastic parts? 10 years 4 months ago #27231

Hi, I've just acquired a king blackfoot, but the previous owner used high performance (think 1/8th scale) shocks wound up really tight on the back, and has cracked the rear suspension stay. I cannot find a replacement for a suitable price (no original parts, only used rolling chassis, and I would sooner break mine and sell it for parts than fix it - it would be uneconomical to buy a roller to fix). So, I've gotta make one.

Anyone done this sort of thing? Anyone got any tips? I was considering 2 approaches - 1 using full thickness HDPE, and the other using 2 layers of half thickness steel bolted or glued (or both) together.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Discontinued plastic parts? 10 years 4 months ago #27232

Hi, I've just acquired a king blackfoot, but the previous owner used high performance (think 1/8th scale) shocks wound up really tight on the back, and has cracked the rear suspension stay. I cannot find a replacement for a suitable price (no original parts, only used rolling chassis, and I would sooner break mine and sell it for parts than fix it - it would be uneconomical to buy a roller to fix). So, I've gotta make one.

Anyone done this sort of thing? Anyone got any tips? I was considering 2 approaches - 1 using full thickness HDPE, and the other using 2 layers of half thickness steel bolted or glued (or both) together.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Part # E1? I'd try a flat FRP plate with aluminium spacers :)

Discontinued plastic parts? 10 years 4 months ago #27236

Turns out I don't need to buy or make any new parts at all, but I will have a whole load of King Blackfoot parts available shortly once I've deconstructed everything. One very heavy landing whilst a number of structural parts are removed, and uprated shocks without uprated shock towers means one dead King.

Discontinued plastic parts? 10 years 3 months ago #27284

Turns out I was wrong again. Going to plastic repair the gearbox, I've got a new frame, and will be constructing new shock towers from steel. Lets see how it goes.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.