Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Super Champ parts 10 years 3 months ago #27516

• pelagos
  • pelagos's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
I managed to pick up an old Super Champ pretty cheap and it needs some parts.

Can you interchange some parts from the Rough Rider/Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ with the original Super Champ?

I know this may be frowned upon but I would just like top get it going for my kid (and me)!

It is mainly the front end that needs parts (uprights and suspension) but I am sure once I get into it there will be other bits needed as well.

I also know it needs a body - can you use the Buggy Champ body on it?

Many thanks for any advice.

pelagos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Super Champ parts 10 years 3 months ago #27519

Nice find! AFAIK the front suspension is identical to the Rough Rider / Sand Scorcher. It is mainly the rear suspension that is different (mono-shock arrangement).
The bodyshells are very rare and difficult to find in good condition. I see no reason why you couldn't use a Buggy Champ body though. Alternatively, what about one of the aftermarket polycarbonate shells from TBG or Kamtec?
Be aware that SRBs are quite fragile and may not be the best for a young kid to start on. You might want to consider something like a Hornet for him if he wants a "vintage" model ;)

Super Champ parts 10 years 3 months ago #27520

• pelagos
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thanks Martin

That is good news. I will also check out the aftermarket bodies you mentioned.

We also have a Subaru Brat and a TA02 chassis with bodies so we are not totally new to this. I have never had a Super Champ though and look forward to getting it up and running.

Thanks

Super Champ parts 10 years 3 months ago #27526

I usually go to this internet store for the smaller parts and best prices stores.ebay.com...id=8173167

If you restore your Super Champ it is worth quite some money, by the way if you buy a Rough Rider shell + your needed parts you might just as well buy a new grasshopper for your kid and build it togheter ;) Good memories for the future

Super Champ parts 10 years 3 months ago #27534

• pelagos
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thanks heaps for the info guys.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.