Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

it's the 90's again 7 years 4 months ago #41806

got a mercedes-benz 190e Diebels Alt Zakspeed from Tamiya, would be my first PS body I paint since the F40 (were I did some huge mistakes here and there) I hope Luck would stick on my side this Time...

curiously it comes with all pictured extra parts then I get a decent battery and charger *woot*

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

it's the 90's again 7 years 4 months ago #41848

it just arrived this noon :laugh: But not fully satisfied, due the old "Big picture marketing" the manual is about building a tt-01 chassis with some leaflets about the Mercedes Body, so it's confusing, instructions say how to assemble the chassis either for short or for long wheelbase, and swapping it after is you know... Annoying, but not even once did read on about what chassis length I have to set it up, so, I set it for short wheelbase expecting the best, luckily the kit came with just long axles, but it said it can come with short ones too :huh: So, Tamiya is currently killing it's market by sinking it in confusion.

Yes, I'm confused.

it's the 90's again 7 years 4 months ago #41849

This is the way Tamiya has been doing it for some years. Chassis specific Kit manuals with the additional bodyset leaflet manuals for the body.
I see the cost saving part of it, but the manuals don't excite me like they used to when they were uniqe to the each model.

-Lars

it just arrived this noon :laugh: But not fully satisfied, due the old "Big picture marketing" the manual is about building a tt-01 chassis with some leaflets about the Mercedes Body, so it's confusing, instructions say how to assemble the chassis either for short or for long wheelbase, and swapping it after is you know... Annoying, but not even once did read on about what chassis length I have to set it up, so, I set it for short wheelbase expecting the best, luckily the kit came with just long axles, but it said it can come with short ones too :huh: So, Tamiya is currently killing it's market by sinking it in confusion.

Yes, I'm confused.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

it's the 90's again 7 years 4 months ago #41856

here I am with troubles, assembled the chassis, but when I place upper deck, it collides with steering servo linkage, so, car is no worky.

EDIT:It shows I messed with linkages, conclusion, yesterday at midnight I took the car for a test run, it work but there's something that rattles in forward direction... the car once I shut down throttle D/R from 'peasant' to 'haul flank' goes mighty fine, but then the rattling grew on intensity, enough for a neighbour to chew me :pinch:

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.