Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16794

:laugh:
Eddrick,
I haven't see your Diane behind your datsun. It is fun but it is a rust nest :sick:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16803

They are a bit.... That one was my mum's 4th - she's also had an Ami8 & a couple of 2CVs. We also had a GS semi-auto & a GSA estate. I used to work for the bloke who got us interested in Citroens, I often used to work on the old DS's. He also owns a very early 2CV with a louvred rear end, & an early Ami6 (Looks like a Ford Anglia)

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16812

:P a citroeniste!!!
I worked in Citron 3 years before I broke my back :cry:
I daily drive a C4 VTS HDI 110 and I had a xsara. I love the saxo to. and the DS3 is very fabulous. I tested all motors and I prefer the VTI 120. I love the GSA with the wankel motor.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16824

:P a citroeniste!!!
I worked in Citron 3 years before I broke my back :cry:
I daily drive a C4 VTS HDI 110 and I had a xsara. I love the saxo to. and the DS3 is very fabulous. I tested all motors and I prefer the VTI 120. I love the GSA with the wankel motor.

The DS3 appears to be the only car on the market for 20years without a single cup holder? - Why?

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16839

:lol:
Budget restrictions :laugh:
WWhen you are up to 150km/h, your drink is on the carpet ;)
No, I don't know why but it is a very good car. I have in my C4 but I use it to put pens in the cendar cup. I put one can in the hole once apon a time and the result is a glued car :sick: :cry:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16844

:lol:
Budget restrictions :laugh:
WWhen you are up to 150km/h, your drink is on the carpet ;)
No, I don't know why but it is a very good car. I have in my C4 but I use it to put pens in the cendar cup. I put one can in the hole once apon a time and the result is a glued car :sick: :cry:

He-he, I own an Audi and I had a DS3 as a loan car recently, it was a lot of fun, go-gart style handling. Much fun and peppy engine.

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16854

:y: The motors of the DS3 in diesel are the evolution of the ford/PSA DV4 and DV6 engines. But the others are just the BMW mini cooper engines the EP4 EP6. Excellents motors derived of the F1 motor :silly:
Very fun :evil:
I prefr the 120HP because the 150 is too powerfull for the chassis :whistle:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16860

Stingray63 - did they really do a GSA with a Wankel in it? Never heard of that before, they usually have an air-cooled flat-4.
Not a fan of modern Citroens, it started with the Visa when they became more like Renaults, made out of sweet wrappers & blue-tac... not a fan of modern cars full stop really!

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16866

;)
I preffer the modern Citron :ohmy: :blush:
Eddrick,
In the 60's I think, Citroen developped a proto very uggly the M35 wich gave the ami 6 or 8 I have a hole, with a licenced WANKEL motor.
After they put a bi rotor Wankel in the GS. It is the alone Citroen with this type of motor. They had some problems because this motor consumed a lot of gasoline and a lot of oil.
It is a very good motor with good perf and "rendement". But with the petrol crise and financials problems, Citroen had to stop the developement of the "wankel".
For information, the first hydropneumatic suspension system was mounted on a Traction. On the rear suspension. Before the GS and the DS

Attachments:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16868

That Ami looks really odd without the rear doors or Anglia-esc rear end!
Gonna have to find out more about the Wankel-fitting escapade I think - I was completely unaware they ever did that! Any idea who made the engine? (I'm guessing it was "borrowed" from something else rather than Citroen-made).
Wankels are interesting as an idea, but yeah, they have a nasty habit of drinking oil & fuel! Needless to say, I don't want one

I'd like a Traction, but the front-wheel-drive puts me off

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.