Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16870

What I know about the wankel is that Citron bought a licence to build and use the wankel. They coupled 2 rotors to have power. This motor was built by Citron directly but it was very expensive. The last Mark wich use the Wankel type is Mazda but it is not the basic motor. It was developed and upgraded. It is used on the RX since late 70's. One oncle had one RX7 in 84 or before. :silly:
1114 cars built between the M35 and the GS birotor
Some technics (sorry it is in french)

COMOTOR Type 624 plac
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63. Reason: picts homission

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16893

Had a quick read up on it last night, apparently it started in the NSU factory (I think they made bikes?). The word "Birotor" is ringing bells, maybe I already knew but have just forgotten - still don't recollect any distant conversations about it though, mind you it would've been about 28 years ago!

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16896

:) NSU was the first make to use the wankel. The citroen one is derived from it and birotor is a 2 rotors coupled "like the V8 4+4"

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16897

NSU made some good cars. If my remember is good NSU is a circle of the AUDI logo. Auto union :unsure:

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16899

Yeah, but if it don't sound like a V8 there's no point in having it!

Re: My lost Baby 11 years 4 months ago #16968

:laugh:
It was just for the princip :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.