Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Mchassis tires new vs old size in dia 1 year 3 months ago #73592

• poebe
  • poebe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
I removed the tires from a set of M chassis rims and now I happen to see the numbers of the old and new tires. The numbers are the same but the diameter is different.
I dipped the tires in water and then frozen them.
From the refrigerator I threw them directly into boiling water so that the glue bursts loose.
So now I wonder if the tires have changed due to the process or is it supposed to be like that? The only difference I can find is the Atype marking

.what if they grow and can make babies Who can give me information?

editthis can be a tricky topic
www.tamiyaclub....r-m-class/

60D version www.tamiya.com/.../index.htm

www.rctech.net/...licks.html
 i don't understand the differences
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by poebe.

Tamiya Mchassis tires new vs old size in dia 1 year 3 months ago #73619

D55 is tire more or less 55mm in diameter.
D60 is tire more or less 60mm. Most is 58 ish.

The last link is D55 slick tires. When you go to the Tamiya website under the Golf spec, tires is stated as 55mm.

So if you build for example a old Beetle, if you put D55 tires up front and D60 tires in the rear, the car will have a rake to it.

Mentioned in the Tamiyaclub link, the HPI MX60 wheels are bigger than the M chassis stuff.
M chassis is 1.5", while MX6O is 1.7"
MX60 tires are 60mm tall, so they more or less match the diameter of the D60 tire.
If you look at some of my builds, I have used MX60 on several builds because I like the bigger wheel, but keep the same diameter as D60 tires.
MX60 equipped cars was called true ten.
The also used to carry M chassis tire size, but I can not find any info currently.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, poebe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.