Keyword

TOPIC:

TamiyaWeb 7 years 4 months ago #41781

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
No need to check the site for Android functionality anymore, I've put a fix in place...

Because my bro reported that even in 4.2 there's issues with the stock browser and Chrome.
So I'm assuming that has only disappeared when Chrome itself became stock in 4.4, with an new JS engine.
The Ghostery browser did actually work on the same phone, it's engine must be more capable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 3 months ago #42318

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Hey all, I've rewritten nearly every single page (100+) of the site to adapt to screen sizes, besides general improvements.
Page with the guides is the only one that hasn't been updated yet.
Still working on some details but any feedback on the overall functionality of the sub pages on mobile devices would be much appreciated.
Mostly curious if content scrolling works alright with touch, should be fine on desktop with mouse...
Thanks in advance, I'll keep working on it in any case.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 3 months ago #42331

Have you tried testing with Firefox Developer Tools? You can there emulate small screens and touch functionality. :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 3 months ago #42332

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I have indeed recently discovered their "responsive design mode" which is quite convenient. :y:
The updated site functionality seems to work well with that (still needs a finishing touch here and there though)...
But unfortunately it won't emulate those little quirks that might arise with actual browsing through iOS or Android.
I expect no issues on the most modern browsers though but still trying to support as far back as possible (2011 around-ish, before that it's really just a messy bunch lacking JavaScript ECMA5 and CSS3 support).

I got an infinite redirect or something when trying to access this thread from the front page by the way. :huh:

Attachments:

TamiyaWeb 7 years 3 months ago #42333

:woohoo: finally this topic is working since 6 monthes.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 3 months ago #42334

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
:)

Some minor issue for me now though, screenshot turned out a bit larger than intended. ;)
I'll try the cache refresh thing.

Edit - hmm... only happens if someone else posted last?

TamiyaWeb 7 years 2 months ago #42369

I think I've found and fixed the URL error with this topic. Let me know if you have further problems.
-Lars

:woohoo: finally this topic is working since 6 monthes.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 2 months ago #42630

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I'm on a 1920x1080 screen now (old monitor got glitchy, this new one was ten bucks on "Marktplaats" with cables included!)...
Pretty awesome for movies and what not.
But those background images on the site didn't make the cut at all on such a large screen.

:S

Thus some improvements were unavoidable (saving bandwidth at the same time)...

it looks, well, _gloomy_ on full size monitors.

Indeed.

TamiyaWeb 7 years 2 months ago #42633

:laugh: I have no problem with my Eeepc screen nor my 10' tablet ;)

TamiyaWeb 7 years 2 months ago #42635

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Looked fine on my 1280x1050 screen too and on mobile as well but this thing's bright as a ray of sunshine and sharp as an arrow so the stretched background was pretty gruesome.

:side:

Besides that, there's much better ways now to approach it then there were five-six years ago when I first started making the pages.
Now it a nice CSS background gradient with a small repeating image below. Tiny bandwidth footprint of 298 bytes as opposed to 11kB.

B) :nerd:

Edit - 191 bytes after GoogleSpeed optimisation. :pinch:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.