Keyword

TOPIC:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33167

HI!... This is great news. I have a original roller but needs a body and the rims are a bit rough. :woohoo: I can get repo decals that look like originals. This could be another project in the making. :)

Why get repro's when you can get the real thing ;) or does your supplier also have the other four colour combinations? (That would be cool)

HI!... Can you still find originals? And not have to 2nd mortgage your house to pay for them? lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33170

I read that as "why not buy the re-release decals".

Why not, because they appear to be missing the front end "Willy's Wheeeler" text, side window Mugen logos, and the rear "CITY" number plate.

There was some discussion about some recent repro Wheeler decals, IMO the blue was wrong on the "original" (#4) set, on the green set (#1) the blue was still wrong, the green was also wrong, and the numbers were wrong (being 4, not 1).

Just because I feel like doing it, here's the various colour schemes from the 1982 Japanese Grand Prix support race, generally thought to be the source material for the Tamiya decals (and the full set waterbok wants to do in 1:10) :

#1 - Green - Nakajima (pic of Ebbro 1:18 diecast)

#2 - Light Blue - Palmer (pic of Ebbro 1:18 diecast)

#3 - Light Red (or Dark Pink?) - Johansen (pic of Ebbro 1:18 diecast)

#4 - Red - Boutsen (re-re pic, TamiyaBlog)

#5 - Yellow - Acheson (mine)

And as far as I've got in having the full set ... interestingly the pink, blue & yellow ones sold, the red & blue ones didn't.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, Dam

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33171

There is a rumour on FB that the rere has a lexan shell. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Don't believe it personally looking at that photo above.

Edit: www.tamiyausa.c...urbo-58611
"Body material: ABS plastic"
The Facebook rumour mill strikes again :dry:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33172

not to far of, there does excist a Lexan shell, its from ABC hobbies

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33173

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
As professor farnsworth (futurama) would say " Good news everyone" you can preorder from fusion hobbies for £119.99, Bargin.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33178

Mmm, thats about 160€ and Tamico/Seidel are usually cheaper.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33179

That looks to be a honnest price. But is it an ABS or lexan body???

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33183

That looks to be a honnest price. But is it an ABS or lexan body???

I don't understand why this question is coming up at all, let alone again - there are just so many pointers that it can't be lexan:

- holes in front end (8 of them), especially the round one left of centre which is not present on the 1:1 car & is only there because the original needed it for the external bumper

- detail level in moulding - look at the lines near the top of the bumper, the details on the side of the bonnet air scoop, and especially on the lower edge of the windscreen surround

- with the exception of two added holes for body posts on the roof, the moulding is identical to the original

- the specs say it's ABS

:silly:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33184

As professor farnsworth (futurama) would say " Good news everyone" you can preorder from fusion hobbies for £119.99, Bargin.

That's pretty good, especially if you remove the ESC & get a 10% discount - 98.10 GP in fact :blink:

It would almost be stupid not to get one at that price, but TBH I haven't had much luck with orders from Fusion & just won't but from them any more :(

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33186

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I've never bought from fusion before. They appear the cheapest at the moment. What problems did you have with them Jonny.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.