Keyword

TOPIC:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33128

I don't think it's meant to be disc brakes.
It looks like they have used the original Wheeler rims that have room for a huge ball bearing, and made an adapter to fit them to the new WR-02c chassis.

Exactly what I meant, didnt want to be too obvious :P

Thats so cool, that way I can use some LWB chassis and make the famous 5 ('vintage' Racing team), using rere parts. Pity they left out the rollbar, will have to order some alloy for DIY.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33129

Hmmm, I quite fancy one of those.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33131

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I would love one of these, I've just seen a European firm asking 179 euros for it. Not sure I that's including shipping. Bit steep I think :cry:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33132

Think because of the hardbody & decals + the car specific rims and tires it will be more expensive than the Wild Willy. :unsure:

However the lexan WR02 models cost way more than a WW2

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33133

That price sounds very plausible, it's a bit of premium over the wild Willy 2 (which has been in production, what, 15 years? and has sold about a bazillion) but that's not unexpected.
:)

Any speculation on why there is no copyright issue (or it's been sorted) with the Advan tyres and calling it a Honda City Turbo (and it looking a bit like one), but Tamiya couldn't secure the rights to use the Mugen logo (I know they're technically not part of Honda), or, seemingly, "Willy" or "Wheeler"? :silly:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33134

Thats so cool, that way I can use some LWB chassis and make the famous 5 ('vintage' Racing team), using rere parts. ...

Kudos if you do the pink one first :D

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33137

Thats so cool, that way I can use some LWB chassis and make the famous 5 ('vintage' Racing team), using rere parts. ...

Kudos if you do the pink one first :D

Sure why not? My niece will love it.

:P

edit: like this :whistle:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33150

HI!... This is great news. I have a original roller but needs a body and the rims are a bit rough. :woohoo: I can get repo decals that look like originals. This could be another project in the making. :)

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33151

Any speculation on why there is no copyright issue (or it's been sorted) with the Advan tyres and calling it a Honda City Turbo (and it looking a bit like one), but Tamiya couldn't secure the rights to use the Mugen logo (I know they're technically not part of Honda), or, seemingly, "Willy" or "Wheeler"? :silly:

They probably have a good relationship with Honda, they make enough models of their cars. It's brilliant advertising for Honda. As for willys and wheeler, Jeep would have that patent or copy right thingo. Not sure about Mugen missing, it's probably a falling out in the Honda family. Owned by Honda but not THE Honda that makes the cars. I can't see how you can copyright a person's name, as in Willy, or wheeler for that matter? Does that me a kids three wheeler now has to be called a trike only? I guesse thats why they just call it a Honda City Turbo.

Could have called it William's Wheels.........oops, no thats copyright too!

Last edit: by nodtec.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 months ago #33156

HI!... This is great news. I have a original roller but needs a body and the rims are a bit rough. :woohoo: I can get repo decals that look like originals. This could be another project in the making. :)

Why get repro's when you can get the real thing ;) or does your supplier also have the other four colour combinations? (That would be cool)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.