• Page:

TOPIC:

Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1271

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Hi Lars,

I was just looking at the posters and noticed that changing the pages when clicking on the numbers doesn't result in getting to the next (or previous) page. :huh:
Looking at the internet adress it looks like the pages might be out of sync with that. Or something...

And since I'm already here (in this topic) - I think you made a typo in the "Misc" department :

And one more (even smaller thing) - if you go to the image gallery through a picture of your car through the front page, you get a different screen than when you click directly on the "Member profile" and "Image gallery" buttons.
In this window it's not possible to edit the data on the last picture because the window falls outside the screen :

Of course I don't mean to be nitpicking... ;)

I've taught myself to uncheck the automatic notifications check box when writing a message by now.
Do agree with Falcon#5 that it would be nice to have a settings menu where this could be set to either option. :whistle:

And a preview screen would be very nice too.
Especially one where the sentences are the same lenght of what you're actually posting.
I'm a freak for text lay out so I have to edit the sentences a lot to make the paragraphs look right. :S

Summarizing the rest : Tamiyabase rules! :laugh:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1275

This is great!
I like feedback, the more details the better!

Hi Lars,
I was just looking at the posters and noticed that changing the pages when clicking on the numbers doesn't result in getting to the next (or previous) page. :huh:
Looking at the internet adress it looks like the pages might be out of sync with that. Or something...

This is working for me... Both "next" "prev" and the numbers 1 to 4. Could it be a cache thing with your brower? If you can, send some screenshots showing what you get.

And since I'm already here (in this topic) - I think you made a typo in the "Misc" department

Fixed! It's actually a bug in the Menu software that adds a "\" to characters like the hyphon "'". Hyphon now removed, and the slash is gone as well :)

And one more (even smaller thing) - if you go to the image gallery through a picture of your car through the front page, you get a different screen than when you click directly on the "Member profile" and "Image gallery" buttons.
In this window it's not possible to edit the data on the last picture because the window falls outside the screen :

1. The differnet layout is something I am aware of. The left coloumn disappears when going directly from the images on the front page. still looking for a fix for that.
2. Menu appearing too far to the left. Not noticed before, so thanks for the tip. I will check and see what I can do.

I've taught myself to uncheck the automatic notifications check box when writing a message by now.
Do agree with Falcon#5 that it would be nice to have a settings menu where this could be set to either option. :whistle:

Let me dig into the software and see what I can find. It should be possible to give all users this "freedom". :cheer:

Phew, finally one that I can answer!:) There is a Preview function in the Forums. When typing a new post, the upper tool bar just above the smilies. The second and third button from the right are priview buttons, either horizontal or vertical.

I know, not what we are used to, but its there, and it is dynamic if you change anything in your post. :)

Summarizing the rest : Tamiyabase rules! :laugh:

Oh YES!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1276

Hi Lars,

A little issue i have come across when browsing the site.
Downloads PDF Mauals = pages 1,2,3 work when you either press 4 or next the page stays on p3. Page 5 works but when you either press 6 or next the page stays on p5. Page 7 works but when you either press 8 or next the page stays on p7. Page 9 doesnt work just jumps straight to page 10.
Does any one else have this same issue?

Hope this makes sence?

GING :woohoo:

Last edit: by GingerSpice.

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1278

Hi Lars,

A little issue i have come across when browsing the site.
Downloads PDF Mauals = pages 1,2,3 work when you either press 4 or next the page stays on p3. Page 5 works but when you either press 6 or next the page stays on p5. Page 7 works but when you either press 8 or next the page stays on p7. Page 9 doesnt work just jumps straight to page 10.
Does any one else have this same issue?

Hope this makes sence?

GING :woohoo:

You are absolutely right!
I belive I actually have fixed it as well :unsure:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1279

Hi Lars,

All good my end :woohoo:
Many thanks,

GING

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1280

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Hi,

GingerSpice was experiencing the same thing as I was in the poster downloads... :side:
So that got solved I guess. :)

Great list of answers! Especially good to know about the preview screen.
Thought I researched the buttons a bit but definitely missed that one! :blush:

Thanks Lars.

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1281

Phew, finally one that I can answer!:) There is a Preview function in the Forums. When typing a new post, the upper tool bar just above the smilies. The second and third button from the right are priview buttons, either horizontal or vertical.

I know, not what we are used to, but its there, and it is dynamic if you change anything in your post. :)

-Lars

Sorry Lars, I somehow thought that was a 'center text' and 'righthand margin' ? :blink:
Not sure where that idea came from! :P

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1282

Sorry Lars, I somehow thought that was a 'center text' and 'righthand margin' ? :blink:
Not sure where that idea came from! :P

Don't worry, I had to read the manual to figure it out :laugh:

-Lars

Re: Just a few little things... 12 years 11 months ago #1300

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

There is a Preview function in the Forums. When typing a new post, the upper tool bar just above the smilies. The second and third button from the right are priview buttons, either horizontal or vertical.

Works like a charm! :cheer:

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.