Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 7 months ago #3099

Right, I shut Thunderbird down at 0708, and should have had 5 email notifications sent since then ... I just started Thunderbind up again as recieved ... 5 email notifications.

If it is my ISP blocking the TB mailserver, then they are doing it intermittently ... and TBH I've had enough of chasing intermittent faults already - I'll save what little patience I have left with them for ones that matter - this one is annoying, but it has a work around - just log in regularly & click the "recent topics" button :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 7 months ago #3104

I have asked my Hoster (is that the term??) for a quote on a separate email server. Time will show... ;)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 7 months ago #3252

Lars - I've read the failure notices you've forwarded, the blocking seems to be fairly random so I'm not sure where we go from here :(

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 7 months ago #3259

Lars - I've read the failure notices you've forwarded, the blocking seems to be fairly random so I'm not sure where we go from here :(

I agree, your ISP's blocking seems to be random, but I know other ISP's have blocked my provider's Webserver.
As mentioned earlier, I am looking for a new web server, but I dhave not received an answer from my current Hoster yet.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3706

I have just put a new dedicated email server into use.
This one should not be limited by any spam problems because it is on a dedicated IP.

Let me know here if you experience anything unusual with emails sent from this site.

-Lars

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3708

Excellent - I get email, therefore I am :D

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3978

I think I can honestly say I've had no emails from the site - topic reply notifications or PM notifications, since you switched servers :(

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3980

Hmm, this sounds more like a spam filter issue then..
I have not received any emails in return from other mail servers, so I don't have any reason to suspect anything with the new server. I am pretty sure we are not banned as the old server was.

Didn't you get the email I sent the other day about the "Connection" feature here on TB?

Please check out a few things for me:
1. check your local spam filter and/or a folder possibly named "Junk" or something?
2. check with your ISP if they are running an aggressive spam filter.
3. Check "Your Profile" on TB in Tab "Forum Entries" - Are there anything in the "Your Subscriptions" section?

I will send you a PM and a email as well, after posting this, to see if you get the email notification for the PM.

-Lars

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3981

Hmm, this sounds more like a spam filter issue then..
I have not received any emails in return from other mail servers, so I don't have any reason to suspect anything with the new server. I am pretty sure we are not banned as the old server was.

Didn't you get the email I sent the other day about the "Connection" feature here on TB?

Please check out a few things for me:
1. check your local spam filter and/or a folder possibly named "Junk" or something?
2. check with your ISP if they are running an aggressive spam filter.
3. Check "Your Profile" on TB in Tab "Forum Entries" - Are there anything in the "Your Subscriptions" section?

I will send you a PM and a email as well, after posting this, to see if you get the email notification for the PM.

-Lars

I didn't get the one about the connection feature, but I did just get your test one :)

1 - nothing (not from TB anyway) in the spam/junk/deleted folders ... I've disabled spam filtering in McAfee & Thunderbird anyway - not that they ever seemed to catch anything ...

2 - You're having a giraffe! :D I don't believe they do any filtering at all, I get all the regular scams & phishing attempts ... + I don't want (at my expense) to make several calls over a fornight that will end up in India, who will insist on going through a script involving rebooting my PC & router several times ...

3 - lots of threads there :)

Re: Subscribed topics: emails only while logged in? 12 years 6 months ago #3982

I didn't get the one about the connection feature, but I did just get your test one :)

Did you get the one I sent from my private email, or the one alerting about an PM?

-Lars

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.