Keyword

TOPIC:

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot + Winger 9 years 4 months ago #32574

On to the next project then :) I pick this up recently and along with some extra parts from the Ingleburn box, I definitely have what I need to build a nice complete Boomerang :cheer: The car itself came with aftermarket wheels (but luckily also the original rims in good usable condition) and an extra chassis with a few bits attached. Right then, I have stripped everything down and the parts are currently soaking :y: I was also pleasantly surprised to find both gearboxes have been fully upgraded with bearings :) (how much fun are the drive input retention clips :pinch: ) So after I have cleaned everything up, I will follow the manual this time for the rebuild ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32576

:ohmy: I scrubbed clean all the parts and although I could see some dirt on them, I'm always amazed how dirty the water ends up :ohmy:

Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32577

Nice! A by-the-manual build :cheer:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32580

HI!... I have a NIP Boomerang chassis around here somewhere. If your interested.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32581

HI!... I have a NIP Boomerang chassis around here somewhere. If your interested.

Thanks for the offer H.P :y: but this is gonna be a runner and the chassis on the left is in good useable condition :)

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32583

There are a couple of parts I am in need of if anyone has spares :) 3 of the black tri star hubs and the front cva shock :ohmy:

It would awesome if anyone can help me out, cheers andy.
Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32585

:) I am sure that I have the shock. Just leave me the dimension and pm me your address Andy. ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32586

:) I am sure that I have the shock. Just leave me the dimension and pm me your address Andy. ;)

Nice :y: It's the 85mm one I need :)

Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32587

So not having family in Australia / Melbourne that my wife and I have to visit during X'mas certainly frees up my time. Plenty achieved with the Boomerang today :) I still need to detail the driver and install the motor (couldn't find the spacer plates, but have them now :P ) and locate some black star hubs while I wait for the esc to arrive, as this is going to be a runner I felt a esc was the way to go ;) The other thing is the front stabilizer, its from a hotshot but I decided to leave it as its better than the standard Boomerang one and there's no point spending the money on an original for a runner!

Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32588

Now that I'm awaiting parts to complete the Boomerang, what am I gonna do :unsure: Well some of you may remember that I picked this up from a local trade site :whistle: It seems like an appropriate time to get it done :y: I don't think it will be as easy a rebuild as the boomerang but nice to get it finished :) I've ordered an esc for this too as it will be a runner, luckily all other parts are there ;) The wheels will get a repaint and I'll repair the body and detail the driver, I'm looking forward to these two being runners so my wife an I can have some races in the back yard champs :laugh:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.