Keyword

TOPIC:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32589

:cry: My daughter Come back to Melbourne in june

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32590

Started painting both the Boomerang and Hotshot drivers today, Also removed the old paint from the wheels while I was at it :y: The Boomerang driver and the replacement light for the Hotshot came from the Clunes Haul :laugh: I then managed to clean the Hotshot parts and get to #15 of the assembly B) It also seems that a previous owner was also called andy :blink: ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32598

:) The shock is ready to cross the world Andy ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32602

So the more I looked at it the more it annoyed me :pinch: The original body had been brush painted with house paint and the decals roughly cut and applied as well :( So I just ordered a new one and since the Boomerang came with a new one it seems only fair :laugh:

Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32609

Bit of a tech question for you all :huh: After rebuilding both the Boomerang & Hotshot gearboxes I notice they each have "THRUST BEARINGS" on the internal side of the input/output shafts, What purpose do they serve?

Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32610

Bit of a tech question for you all :huh: After rebuilding both the Boomerang & Hotshot gearboxes I notice they each have "THRUST BEARINGS" on the internal side of the input/output shafts, What purpose do they serve?

The power turning 90 degrees via the two bevel gears would tend to force the gears apart, putting a sideways load on that shaft - a thrust bearing can cope with that load better than a regular bearing of the same size (larger bearing surface).

TBH I think they ought to be shimmed to give the right sort of preload as the whole setup seems very floppy to me, but I guess it works - you don't see many reports of those bevel gears getting shredded :huh:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32611

So basically the thrust bearing supports the end of the bevel gear against the housing as torque tries to force it back :) Thanks JR :y:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32614

:unsure: I think that the forces are différents. Radial fort the wheeles ans more axial for the transmission.

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32615

Plenty of detail painting today :S Hotshot driver body and head, wheels & tyre lettering :ohmy: plus Boomerang 2nd coat on body and head completed :blink: Then assembly of the Hotshot continued to #22 + added wheels for pic's B)

Attachments:

Boomerang rebuild 9 years 4 months ago #32616

WAWAWAWA...
I wasn't fan of the hotshot but after seen some models, :blush: I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!
Or a car with the similar chassis and not expensive same to restore....

I fond of yours Andy.

(is the boomerang the same chassis?)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.