Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bigwig body post issue 1 year 10 months ago #71772

• irondog
  • irondog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi all, I've just completed restoring an original Bigwig and for some reason it seems the body post is too short for locking the body to the chassis. Everything seems correct to me, the body is the original one from Tamiya.... Any clues? 

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bigwig body post issue 1 year 10 months ago #71776

From memory the front post is just a widget that slots into the gearbox halves when you build it, it's not handed so I don't think you can have done anything wrong there. 

There's also no adjustment or way of fitting the gearbox to the chassis wrong, ditto the front bumper.

Theoretically I suppose you could have left a bit too much Lexan on the nose of the body and/or around the front suspension cutouts - but I have to say that looks like a "normal" amount of squish/bend required to fit a front body clip. All mine (vintage Tamiya, TBG and Penguin repros) needed some persuasion. A lot of other cars too - a tight fit with some deformation means it doesn't rattle/move in use :)  
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.