Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76397

So, at last I've decided on my next build after completing the NIB Nichimo The Midships build. 

It will be one half of Tamiya's " UNLOVED TWINS " - the Tamiya SONIC FIGTHER    A fresh build , of a new in box  kit. 

BTW, all of the radio gear . battery and servo were missing from the box when I got it. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76398

First step - wash and paint the body .
I'll build some other bits like the gear box and get the servo set up while I'm eating for the paint to dry.
No, I didn't go for box art - too much like battle ship grey for my liking. I went with French Blue , so should make that yellow wing and other yellow parts POP!!   

We're in the French airforce (AAE) now. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76401

I like your color choice. Definitely an unloved model nut I will enjoy the build thread, very different. 

PS: Heard about a few complete kits from Tamiya but never saw a box, kind of cool. Too bad the radio stuff was missing...

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76403

We'll see how the paint goes. I like the colour too. 

I figured out why I was having a bit of a paint adhesion problem.  I thought I was using the new dish sponge when I washed the body (the one I had just used on the Midships build) .
Nope,  stupid me was using the one that's been used to wash the dishes a few times already. 

DOH!! 

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76404

🤞🤞🤞
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76427

Steps 1 through to step 5 :    
And we are here -
So nice to build a hard body RC,  after so many polyshell RCs.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76428

Steps 9 to 11 :
Are building and fitting the front dampers - I'll do all of the dampers at once , when I build the rears .. so I'm skipping ahead.

Steps 12 & 13:
 2 steps just for attaching the front bumper .. so far I'm loving the simplicity of the instructions. 

** I'm enjoying myself too much , plus this is a very simple build , so I'm not taking photos of every step. 

Steps 14 to 18: 
Build the gear box and attach the motor to same - then attach the rear cage section to the motor/gear part. 

Step 19: 
Attach the gear box/motor/rear cage section to the under chassis.

BTW - The silver can motor included in this kit was made a Johnson , not Mabuchi 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76429

With that piece of the Sonic Fighter puzzle completed, we call it quits for the day. 

Thoughts so far:
A wonderful , simple kit  to build .
So nice , as a break from some of the more complicated RCs we get now. 
And this this is certainly going to be a colourful buggy. 

** I'm not sure if this was normal for the Sonic Fighter kit, but the leaflet included in the instructions asks the builder to replace a large part of WHITE D sprue , with a RED D sprue which is  included with the kit.  Hence the red servo stays and motor cover. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 3 weeks ago #76437

I never saw these red parts before.
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Tamiya - Sonic Fighter - Mirrorman's NIB build 7 months 4 days ago #76693

Finished .. at last . Life seemed to always get in the way of getting this one done. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.