Keyword

TOPIC:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 months ago #33187

I've never bought from fusion before. They appear the cheapest at the moment. What problems did you have with them Jonny.

I've bought from them I think 7 times, mostly they were pretty good - parcels well packed (including some free sweets) & sent promptly, etc etc, but on 3 occasions in the last couple of years they've fouled things up:

- FAV pre-order - paid in full at time of order, but they couldn't get the kit;

- Bruiser pre-order - botched taking credit card payment so badly & repeatedly that the bank thought it was fraud & cancelled my card (with high-larious consequences ... not);

- CC-01 Landfreeder (regular purchase) - called after a couple of days saying they couldn't get the kit, changed order to an FJ Cruiser ... another couple of days later there'll be a 1/2/3 week delay while their suppliers get one ... and then they can't get that either.

I'm not saying for a minute don't use them, just that personally I won't give them a 4th second chance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 months ago #33188

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

I've never bought from fusion before. They appear the cheapest at the moment. What problems did you have with them Jonny.

I've bought from them I think 7 times, mostly they were pretty good - parcels well packed (including some free sweets) & sent promptly, etc etc, but on 3 occasions in the last couple of years they've fouled things up:

- FAV pre-order - paid in full at time of order, but they couldn't get the kit;

- Bruiser pre-order - botched taking credit card payment so badly & repeatedly that the bank thought it was fraud & cancelled my card (with high-larious consequences ... not);

- CC-01 Landfreeder (regular purchase) - called after a couple of days saying they couldn't get the kit, changed order to an FJ Cruiser ... another couple of days later there'll be a 1/2/3 week delay while their suppliers get one ... and then they can't get that either.

I'm not saying for a minute don't use them, just that personally I won't give them a 4th second chance.

This doesn't bode well for pre orders :(

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 months ago #33191

I have tried Banzai, they're trying to get some, Hobby king haven't got back about it yet.
I usually buy from either of them, seems good value and service, postage wise, but I have to say, Hobbyking's online help thing has gone to online no help.
I just sold my whole WW1 fleet and spares but by sheer coincidence, word of this re-re surfaced just as I listed the Wheeler's scaring off the market so I pulled the pin on the auctions. They're staying put at the moment.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 months ago #33192

Just realised I should have sold on that set of Wheeler wheels (& Quattro tyres) while I had the chance ... oh well, the reasoning was sound at the time & they wouldn't have fetched _that_ much :silly:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 1 month ago #33754

Updates: build manual for the Wheeler has been up on TamiyaUSA for a couple of days; we already knew about the wheels being original & adapters being included.
The rear body posts are in 3 parts each & aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing but I'm sure they'll do the job. The WW2 "short" bumper & springs are a bit of a surprise but should give the front end a bit more strength.

:)

(edit - WW2 bumper shouldn't have been a surprise, looking at some of the earlier photos) :whistle:

On a more personal note, I did sell the Ascona wheels just over a month ago, even after mentioning the re-release & the work I'd done to them, 23 GBP shipped (so less than 15 GBP after all the fees & post).

And, going back to Fusion Hobbies, I have given them a 4th chance after all & pre-ordered a re-re Wheeler there. Price (after 10% discount) was 107.10 GBP with an ESC & free post (and a further 5% in "points" that can be redeemed later), or 98.10 GBP + 3.95 post without the ESC.

If it doesn't work out I can always get one from Seidel later in the year.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 weeks ago #33973

Mate ordered two in Japan, so we can build them when I visit :woohoo:

12.000 Yen a piece :y:

edit: Banzai got them listed too as of today

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 weeks ago #33990

It got delivered today! :woohoo:

But at my friends adress in Kyoto :ohmy:

This will be one fun Holiday coming up. :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

Last edit: by waterbok.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 3 weeks ago #33993

Really cool box art!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 weeks ago #34050

Just had a dispatch notification email from Fusion :)

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 9 years 2 weeks ago #34055

Parcel just arrived :)

Box proportions are quite different to the original, the top is smaller but the sides are taller ... overall volume is probably less but it's still a decent sized kit...

Each side/end features the boxart again, plus hop-ups, radio gear, and this drawing:

No blisters on the inside ...

Gearbox is preassembled with Torque Tuned motor & nylon bushes; wheels and tyres are as per the original:

Decals (apart from the modern warning tags) are all on one sheet this time, main changes are the "turbo" legend built into the red & blue side stripes rather than separate, and the helmet stripes are 3 blue/white stripes instead on 4 white stripes ... theoretically that simplifies painting, but whether average results are any better remains to be seen ...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.