Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 6 months ago #14450

I'm need some red PC paint to touch up the bodyshell (and maybe some black), but I can't find any brush paint anywhere.
I bid on some on ebay but got outbid. I only need a tiny amount.
Anyone got the end of a pot they could send me?
Any other ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 6 months ago #14452

For touching up by brush, I just spray a small amount into the cap & let it dry/thicken a bit before applying.
I do have the tiniest amount of "Fast Finish - Red Fire 262" spray left. It's a basic "Lego" red, you can have it for the cost of posting if it's any use to you?

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 6 months ago #14472

For touching up by brush, I just spray a small amount into the cap & let it dry/thicken a bit before applying.
I do have the tiniest amount of "Fast Finish - Red Fire 262" spray left. It's a basic "Lego" red, you can have it for the cost of posting if it's any use to you?

That sounds great! Thanks! For the small amount I have to do, I'm not worried about the exact colour match.
I can Paypal the funds, or would you be interested in a trade?
For example, I'd happily send you the remains of the Hornet I bought recently in exchange.
It would probably cost me more in postage that way, but I'd rather you had it than stick it on ebay and sell for 99p :sick:
Let me know what you think. I'm happy either way.

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 6 months ago #14514

A swap for Hornet entrails sounds very cool if you're sure!
If you want it, PM me your postal address & I'll get it off to you (Possibly Monday, unless I can make something happen tomorrow)

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 2 months ago #18478

Not done anything on this for a while. It does run, but needs some way to mount the body at the rear.

"Tarted up" body looks OK from a distance.

Attachments:

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 2 months ago #18479

Not done anything on this for a while. It does run, but needs some way to mount the body at the rear....

The v notch in the ORV chassis where the body posts goes on is a bit of a problem ... I had a poke through my spares pile & found these, from right to left the distance between the M3 screw hole & the body clip holes are 15mm, 50mm and 70mm ... no idea what these are for & TBH I don't want to offer them up without knowing, but if someone can identify them & the heights are correct, it's a possbility...

Attachments:

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 2 months ago #18483

Thanks JR.
From left to right I reckon those are
1. Brat - ABS body - this is what I have
2. Not sure - I think new Brat with PC body (the deck of the pickup bed is higher) see ebay item 400029270391
3. Not sure - Blackfoot maybe?

The problem is that the mounts on the chassis end up under the sloping bit behind the cab (it's a radiator or something).
I'd quite like a mount that can be easily removed and I am thinking about a flat plate to pick up on the original mounts with a couple of standard body posts, or maybe some velcro
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 2 months ago #18514

Not done anything on this for a while. It does run, but needs some way to mount the body at the rear....

The v notch in the ORV chassis where the body posts goes on is a bit of a problem ... I had a poke through my spares pile & found these, from right to left the distance between the M3 screw hole & the body clip holes are 15mm, 50mm and 70mm ... no idea what these are for & TBH I don't want to offer them up without knowing, but if someone can identify them & the heights are correct, it's a possbility...

I'd say this :

1: Brat
2: Mud Blaster
3: Blackfoot
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Subaru Brat - Runner 11 years 2 months ago #18523

Thanks Martin & Manotas - I just realised why I'd collected & squirrelled these away - anticipating difficulties when I get round to fitting a King Blackfoot body on a Bush Devil chassis :)

Subaru Brat - Runner 9 years 8 months ago #30056

Got a cheap lexan body off ebay a little while ago. It has been painted badly on the inside then painted well on the outside. Don't know what sort of paint it is but it looks pretty OK. Shiny metallic blue.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get reinforced suspension arms for the ORV chassis?
Or maybe new rere arms would be good enough?

Also toying with the idea of turning this into a Mudblaster - What parts would I need? What about gearing?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.