Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58082 MadCap Differencial/gearbox problem 13 years 6 months ago #124

Hi,

I will try to explain my problem as good as I can. :)

I started restoring my runner MadCap a while ago. This will not be a shelfer but a 2wd retro racing buggy. The car I started with was complete, but in need of alot of improvements. As the car wasn't ballraced, I installed ball bearings but didn't have the two 1680 ballbearings to replace the original brass bearings holding the diff/outdrives in the gearbox. After putting the gearbox together fully ballraced (except for the two 1680 brassbearings) I was pretty dissapointed...The outdrives from the diff is very loose and won't last for long if I install a 21T motor. Will it help to replace the 1680 bearings or is it the plastic part in the gearbox holding these bearings that's worn out?

Any suggestions or knowledge to improve this is very welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58082 MadCap Differencial/gearbox problem 13 years 6 months ago #161

Ballrace it regardless. If the bearings turn out to still be a sloppy fit in the cases (unlikely) you can use 'Locktite stud n bearing fit' or Araldite epoxy resin, depending on how badly sloppy they are (be carefull it doesn't get into any of the moving parts cos it'll stop them moving) or a less messy way is to use aluminium foil ducting tape (sticky-back aluminium foil) - cut to size & wrap around the bearing outer before fitting

Re: 58082 MadCap Differencial/gearbox problem 13 years 5 months ago #169

Thank you for your response. I have now found a place where I can buy 1680 ball bearings alone, instead of buying the whole set. The I will see if they fit well in the gearbox or if I need to glue or use something else to keep the bearings in place.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.