Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

holiday buggy gear set 12 years 9 months ago #1686

Hi all my name is colin. I have a vintage holiday buggy which is in very good shape apart from one of the gears which has been stripped. I am looking to buy a set of gears. can anybody help with a set or can you suggest any alternative grars that might fit

Regards Colin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: holiday buggy gear set 12 years 9 months ago #1690

Hi all my name is colin. I have a vintage holiday buggy which is in very good shape apart from one of the gears which has been stripped. I am looking to buy a set of gears. can anybody help with a set or can you suggest any alternative grars that might fit

Regards Colin.

Gears regularly come up on ebay ... but not at realistic prices if you ask me - I have a car in the same state :(

Depending on which gear has stripped, and what motor is in the car it might be possible to upgrade & not use the gear to get round the problem - 380 motor equipped cars use all three gears - the "A" gear (next to the pinion), "B" gear (idler) and "C" gear (spool - what would be the diff, if it had one), 540 motor'd cars just use the "A" & "C" gears, but with a different motor bracket... so if you car has a 380 motor in it, and it's the "B" gear that has stripped, upgrading to a 540 motor could be a "fix", assuming you have/can get the larger motor plate.

As to what other gears might fit, I had it on good authority that the "spool" gear in SRBs (Sand Scorcher, Rough Rider, etc) was the same - but from looking at the manuals, it isn't - it's a lot wider for a start, and the SRB gearbox is quite a different setup - the motor pinion meshes with a large "drive" gear which has a much smaller gear on the other end of the shaft, this meshes with a small idler, then on to the spool ... so I can't see that fitting without major work - it's be quicker to graft on a whole SRB gearbox I think ... and if you're going to do that, you might as well use the SRB chassis too ;)

No real answer from me then - but if you come up with a viable replacement setup, please let me know! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.