Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wild willy motor queries 7 years 3 weeks ago #44152

Hey guys, I have a brand new wild willy 2 just been built, and I have upgraded the battery to a 3800 MAH and I wanted a bit more kick from the motor but nothing uncontrollable as after all it is a wild willy, I wanted to know if anyone would recomend a motor that's under £30 and will provide a bit more kick but not too much, thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild willy motor queries 7 years 3 weeks ago #44153

Hey guys, I have a brand new wild willy 2 just been built, and I have upgraded the battery to a 3800 MAH and I wanted a bit more kick from the motor but nothing uncontrollable as after all it is a wild willy, I wanted to know if anyone would recomend a motor that's under £30 and will provide a bit more kick but not too much, thanks in advance

The problem there is gearing, there are only two options, 18T and 20T pinions - and as built, the WW2 already uses the lowest gearing ... this really limits the motor options, as anything with two much poke tends to be a recipe for overheating (both the motor & the speed control), and lower performance than the stock silvercan motor. TBH I wouldn't look much further than the Tamiya Sport Tuned motor (27 turns but with advanced timing, producing about 30% more speed/power & a 30% reduction in run time) - it also has the advantage of being black all over, so is a bit less obvious sticking out in the breeze there on the WW2 chassis... If you don't mind something more obvious, don't mind a bit of soldering & have the TBLE02S ESC (three motor wires) I'd suggest Turnigy Trackstar 17.5T Sensored Brushless Motor for a bit more money but similar performance to the Sport Tuned :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Wild willy motor queries 7 years 3 weeks ago #44154

You can use a sport tuned. Or the 540J. The sport tuned is good and not too expensive. I bought 3 for 15 or 16€ each. It is the first upgrade of the 540 silvercan. Like a wild willy 2 is made for wheelings, the sport tuned is for me enough.
The following user(s) Liked this: sol959

Wild willy motor queries 7 years 3 weeks ago #44155

Thanks, very helpful!

Wild willy motor queries 7 years 3 weeks ago #44158

I use the goolrc 21t brushes motor... super cheap and they work great for these cars, have one in my wheeliemog too
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>
The following user(s) Liked this: sol959

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.