Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 7 years 2 weeks ago #44242

Today I added guite a few modern Tamiya Motors to the Motors database. (didn't know Tamiya had all these brushless motors... :blush: )
The list is here: tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=780
Click the link in the list for full details.

I see you've put "adustable" under timing for all the brushless motors ... where's that coming from? I'd question whether that's true, certainly not in the physical sense (no loosening two scews & rotating the endbell) ...

I don't know if the (ludicrously expensive) Tamiya "Volac" model ESCs have such a setting as I haven't found downloadable manuals for them, but having had a quick look at the rest, the other Tamiya ESCs have a very limited range of adjustability for brushless motor, typically 5 presets with varying levels of brake power - they don't have, for example, the "punch" & "timing" settings - or the ability to plug in a programming "card" - like the EZRUN combos...

TBH I don't know enough about the compatibility with Tamiya brushless motors with other brands of sensored ESC - I'd guess they would work ok, but this is Tamiya we're talking about (LiFe batteries, cough cough, etc) - so I'm not saying that Tamiya brushless motors can't have their timing changed, just that maybe an asterisk with the caveat "theoretically possible with suitable ESC" would be better until more information is available?

On a similar note, the various black canned motors (Sport Tuned, Black Motor Endurance, Black Motor Sprint) all have blanks under that column, whereas they're all fixed - but fiddled with. AFAIK the Sprint has a small amount of advance, the Endurance a bit of retardation - and the Sport Tuned is definitely advanced - I thought the enduring "two versions" theory had been debunked a couple of years ago - they're all 27Ts.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 2 weeks ago #44311

Thank you for the feedback, Jonny. I'm relying on feedback to get the database as complete as possible :y:
The timing adjustment thing on the BLs come from Tamiya themselves and an article on RCCarAction:

Typical Tamiya info on a motor: www.tamiya.com/...s_id=42155
(use google translate, or Chrome)
Article with timing adjustments on Brushless motors: www.rccaraction...or-timing/

-Lars

Today I added guite a few modern Tamiya Motors to the Motors database. (didn't know Tamiya had all these brushless motors... :blush: )
The list is here: tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=780
Click the link in the list for full details.

I see you've put "adustable" under timing for all the brushless motors ... where's that coming from? I'd question whether that's true, certainly not in the physical sense (no loosening two scews & rotating the endbell) ...

I don't know if the (ludicrously expensive) Tamiya "Volac" model ESCs have such a setting as I haven't found downloadable manuals for them, but having had a quick look at the rest, the other Tamiya ESCs have a very limited range of adjustability for brushless motor, typically 5 presets with varying levels of brake power - they don't have, for example, the "punch" & "timing" settings - or the ability to plug in a programming "card" - like the EZRUN combos...

TBH I don't know enough about the compatibility with Tamiya brushless motors with other brands of sensored ESC - I'd guess they would work ok, but this is Tamiya we're talking about (LiFe batteries, cough cough, etc) - so I'm not saying that Tamiya brushless motors can't have their timing changed, just that maybe an asterisk with the caveat "theoretically possible with suitable ESC" would be better until more information is available?

On a similar note, the various black canned motors (Sport Tuned, Black Motor Endurance, Black Motor Sprint) all have blanks under that column, whereas they're all fixed - but fiddled with. AFAIK the Sprint has a small amount of advance, the Endurance a bit of retardation - and the Sport Tuned is definitely advanced - I thought the enduring "two versions" theory had been debunked a couple of years ago - they're all 27Ts.

:)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 2 weeks ago #44315

Thank you for the feedback, Jonny. I'm relying on feedback to get the database as complete as possible :y:
The timing adjustment thing on the BLs come from Tamiya themselves and an article on RCCarAction:

Typical Tamiya info on a motor: www.tamiya.com/...s_id=42155
(use google translate, or Chrome)
Article with timing adjustments on Brushless motors: www.rccaraction...or-timing/

-Lars

:blush: I should have known that, I seem to have completely missed the timing marks on my Turnigy Trackstar motors :whistle:

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44323

And, Jonny, it looks like we're both right.
The Tamiya 40th Anniversary lists the Sport Tuned as both 27T and 23T.

I'll go update the database :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44324

Heuuu. Lars, on your pict is written 540SH.

Ifound that if it help.......
Attachments:

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44325

Hmmm, you're right.
I believe the RS540SH is the standard 27T silver can.
And the picture you have shows curve comparison between a silver can and a Sport Tuned.

But, I'm not sure what the japanese text in my photo means. I've translated it to:
Basic chun motor using φ 0.8 mm × 23 T wound rotor on [RS-540 SH] (φ 0 65 mm × 27 T). Metal bearing, 350 g-cm / 18300 rpm / 12 A The shaft is 4 mm long. ● OP68 / 1500 yen (now on sale)

The text could be a comparison between the SH and a Sport Tuned. Then the Sport Tuned would be 23T?

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44326

Yep it looks to be a 23T. Fi is the timing larger than on the 540SH.
There is nothing written on my boxes.

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44327

I found that on the t2m site.
www.t2m-rc.fr/m...53068.html
The sport tuned looks to be a 23T

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44328

I agree, I'll leave it as 23T :-)

Sport Tuned motor turns? 7 years 1 week ago #44329

If somebody could translate
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.