Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47818

Ive just put batteries (4xAA) into my newly aquired hornet (58045) and a crystal, turned it on and the servos had a fit n tried breaking everything!!
i turned it off straight away, disconnected servo rods and tried again, same outcome, I then turned TX on first then the car and all is good, servos behaving properly, turn the TX off and servos go mental again, im assuming its a reciever problem, but would like confirmation off someone before i go any further.(i also tried a different set of crystals with same result)
TIA Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47820

Ive just put batteries (4xAA) into my newly aquired hornet (58045) and a crystal, turned it on and the servos had a fit n tried breaking everything!!
i turned it off straight away, disconnected servo rods and tried again, same outcome, I then turned TX on first then the car and all is good, servos behaving properly, turn the TX off and servos go mental again, im assuming its a reciever problem, but would like confirmation off someone before i go any further.(i also tried a different set of crystals with same result)
TIA Alan

There's nothing wrong - or at least, "they all do that". It's an absolute fundamental that you should always turn the transmitter on first, then the car (and turn the car off first, then the transmitter) - otherwise the only thing the RX has to go on is random interference.

27mhz sets were vulnerable to inference from things like power lines, cordless phones, IC vehicle ignition/spark plugs BITD, those aspects may have got cleaner, but there's so much more RF noise (mobile phones & wireless routers, principally) that things are probably worse for 27mhz nowadays.

:)

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47821

I don't know if I all understood but you have to turn on TX first and RX after. Crystal need to be apaired. most of time RX TX crystals are common but sometimes not.
You can try to test with another pair of Crystals?.

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47822

There's nothing wrong - or at least, "they all do that". It's an absolute fundamental that you should always turn the transmitter on first, then the car (and turn the car off first, then the transmitter) - otherwise the only thing the RX has to go on is random interference.

27mhz sets were vulnerable to inference from things like power lines, cordless phones, IC vehicle ignition/spark plugs BITD, those aspects may have got cleaner, but there's so much more RF noise (mobile phones & wireless routers, principally) that things are probably worse for 27mhz nowadays.

Many thanks for the swift reply Jonny, as ya know im new to this and your reply has saved me a lot of stressing for nothing, you learn something new every day as they say
I can now put it all back together again now i know there is nothing wrong haha

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47823

I don't know if I all understood but you have to turn on TX first and RX after. Crystal need to be apaired. most of time RX TX crystals are common but sometimes not.
You can try to test with another pair of Crystals?.

I had no idea you had to turn RX on first :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I am glad it is only my ignorance of this that is the problem :y:

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47824

No Alan, TX firstly.

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47826

No Alan, TX firstly.

TX :y:
It was a typing error :(
You were to quick with your reply for me to edit it haha :)

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47828

:D

Hornet Electrics problem 6 years 4 months ago #47832

One other thing I have found is if the signal is not strong enough or being received well it does exactly the same thing. Typically when I am just testing things with the area down and the RX cord bundled up.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.