Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mountaineer 58111 - UK Period Radio Gear 5 years 7 months ago #52565

Does anyone know what 3ch radio sets were available for use with the vintage Mountaineer in the UK ?

I think Acoms had stopped production of the AP427 by 1992 ?

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mountaineer 58111 - UK Period Radio Gear 5 years 7 months ago #52567

Does anyone know what 3ch radio sets were available for use with the vintage Mountaineer in the UK ?

I think Acoms had stopped production of the AP427 by 1992 ?

Thanks in advance,

Not really my area of expertise, but I think the successor to the AP-427 set would have been the Acoms AP-401 (40MHz, 4 channel, 3 servo) set. Not that the AP-427 is neccessarily "wrong" for a vintage/58111 Mountaineer (supplies of them wouldn't have dried up overnight, or even over a few years), it's the choice between a rather dated/ill equipped setup, or a better featured TX, but with anachronistic chrome & and very dated early 90s graphics :S

The Futaba equivalent (well, more expensive and better equipped) would be some variety of Attack 4, but good luck finding a UK leagl for ground use (27 or 40mhz) set.

Ebay links below are just for reference, I'm not recommending them, especially the 35mhz set :whistle:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Mountaineer 58111 - UK Period Radio Gear 5 years 7 months ago #52568

Thanks @Jonny Retro

I thought the AP401 was released later than than 1992 Mountaineer ?

Maybe to support Tamiya's trucks and full option tanks ?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.