Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Original Fox Body Windows 5 years 7 months ago #52609

I have a Fox which has the rear window intact. I have seen new vintage shells and in new kits that look like in photos to have the rear window already pre cut out.

Is this the case or am I mistaken? Do the genuine originals come with the rear window cut out or not?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Original Fox Body Windows 5 years 7 months ago #52611

I have a Fox which has the rear window intact. I have seen new vintage shells and in new kits that look like in photos to have the rear window already pre cut out.

Is this the case or am I mistaken? Do the genuine originals come with the rear window cut out or not?

Thanks.

All the vintage Fox bodies I've had (4 I think) the hole in the rear window, of the ones that came built I assume they were pre-cut as it was done to a much higher standard thatn the rest of the cutting out; the nib Fox body kit I had (prior to the Novafox/re-release) also had the hole precut, and in the vintage manual there's no mention of having to cut out the hole.

On both the Fox and the Novafox, the hole allows access to the radio on/off switch; looking at the Novafox manual the hole has to be cut out.

Not 100% conclusive, but intact rear window means uncut Novafox body (or copy of vintage) IMO, hole in window means vintage, XB Novafox, or cut Novafox.

:)

Original Fox Body Windows 5 years 7 months ago #52612

Thanks for that info. I bought the car second hand. It has vintage original stickers but yeah, the rear window is not cut.
From what you said, I would say I have a re-re or aftermarket body.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.