Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dark Impact DF03 Counter Gear 5 years 4 months ago #53894

Im looking to go brushless with my Dark Impact in the near future and have read a swaith of stuff in respect of the premature Counter Gear Failure. Ive also read a few posts about alternate harder gears which give better reliability. Does anyone have the links to the counter gear options, Ive got a brand new slipper set to install and would like to do the counter gear swap before it goes in.

Any other mods required before going brushless (Cars already ballraced, and I have heat sinks for the motor mount etc).

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dark Impact DF03 Counter Gear 5 years 4 months ago #53895

Imo going brushless, get anything except a DF03. A mate had one and likes to push hard with 9T and such and only had problems.
I think you can find more on the DF03 on tamiyaclub havent seen much on Tamiyabase.

Dark Impact DF03 Counter Gear 5 years 4 months ago #53896

That's where I have done most of my research and it seems that the DF03 is pretty tough once you do the Countergear mod. I did have a link to one that's a straight fit but cant find it.. managed to find one for a heli gear but it needs a fair bit of cutting and cleaning up to work..

Maybe just keep the DF03 on a mild Brushed motor and go brushless on the DF01?

Dark Impact DF03 Counter Gear 5 years 4 months ago #53897

It will be worse with a df01 and a big brushless.

Dark Impact DF03 Counter Gear 5 years 4 months ago #53901

I've got a Super Stock BZ in my Dark Impact and have had no problems with the gears.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.