Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Motor turns 4 years 4 months ago #57734

What is the lowest turn brushed motor I can use on my Wild one re release. I have a 17 turn mod motor and it is quite fast but I don't want to destroy the gears in the gearbox.

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Motor turns 4 years 4 months ago #57735

It's at least as much about the way you drive as it is about the number of turns. I'd say 17 turns is already pushing it for a Wild One though.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Motor turns 4 years 4 months ago #57736

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately I can only offer an opinion based on personal experience with a Re-Release Manta Ray. I upgraded to a 17T brushed motor from a standard 27T, and after about 15 minutes of reasonably hard driving in woodland, there was a grating noise coming from the car with intermittent loss of transmission. On investigation it transpired that the Spur gear had been damaged - some of the teeth had been stripped away.
After the 17T experience I consequently replaced it with a Tamiya Sports Tuned - which I believe is a 27T with advanced timing. There was a noticeable increase in power with no damage to the transmission, despite some pretty intense bashing in off road conditions.
If you're nervous about damaging the gears, the Sports Tuned motor is an economic and safe upgrade to a better RC experience.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help but others here will be far more qualified than I to advise.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Motor turns 4 years 4 months ago #57760

Perfect info guys, I suspected that the motor was too much....I will stick to the 27 turn.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.