Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76310

• bob2023
  • bob2023's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello, I have just wound up here trying to source a Striker dog bone drive shaft to help with restoring my old car to working order. I know it runs - even the 30 year old batteries still seem to have some life in them - and I have some other significant repairs and replacements to make but this is proving the hardest part to find.

Does anyone know alternative parts that can be used and can be sourced in the UK? Tried a few sites and ebay with no luck so far. The dimensions are about 41mm pin to pin and about 47mm end to end, image attached. There's enough play in the rear end overall that I suspect a few mm over wouldn't hurt. Anything smaller is going to fall out like I guess the original did. 

I could be convinced to replace the whole gearbox if that would help  - I suspect a few chewed teeth are waiting for me in there, but given its age and the chassis repairs it needs (it has cracked at a weak point on the front and where the rear suspension arm mounts attach) its not in the best of shape and not sure a lot of investment is worth it. 

Given its all old RC kit, how bad should I expect interference to be - is it viable to run it in a built up area in the UK? Anything else I should read up about resurrecting a late 80s car in 2023?

Thanks
Bob 

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76311

Looks extremely similar to the very common axles from the TT-02, but I don't know for sure if they are compatible.

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76312

Also known as the Drive Shaft E2 included in the E Parts (9005202)

Here's a current eBay listing for compatible shafts: www.ebay.com/it...R-KahqvIYg

This is from the manual:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76314

Really unsure, but these dogbones are similar to the falcon ones. Same the cinématique is similar. I haven't my rc here to compare  but I think that you could find falcon ones easier.

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76315

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76319

Hi Bob,

I have quite a lot of Striker drivetrain parts, old and new including NOS pair of driveshafts in plastic.

PM me if you want and I can post a few pics for you if you like.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76327

• bob2023
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thanks for those replies, very much appreciated for you to take the time. I had found the part number yes its the same part also used on Falcon and Sonic Fighter. Unfortunately searches for either of those also don't turn anything up in the UK. US listings may be my only option and thanks for those, but the international postage is eye-watering multiples of the price of the item itself, so was trying to find one closer to home (the FR listing is the same US source). Jim thanks I'd be interested I'll follow up, but note I'm in the UK.

If the TT-02 is the same as this listing www.ebay.co.uk/...5499316795 then its about 10mm shorter. There's also Tamiya's DT-02 DT-03 which measure up 15mm longer. And someone found a 6x47mm alu alternative, but those pins are 16mm wide - as marked up in this better version measured more carefully just now!
Attachments:

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 4 weeks ago #76328

Understood that's why I figured I would offer a lot.

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 3 weeks ago #76407

Hi Bob, sorry for the delay here's a few pics of what I have let me if you let me know if you need any or all of it. Cheers buddy. Jim
Attachments:

Sourcing a Striker dog bone drive shaft 7 months 3 weeks ago #76443

• bob2023
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thanks Jim. I'll PM you..

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.