• Page:

TOPIC:

Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #2952

• darc
  • darc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
hy everyone

i put a thread on here saying i am considering getting avante and would brushless be ok , then i got no replyes and got one with 9 turn (check my threads) so i gets repleyes saying i best get new gears and stuff so i got worried so i put the nine turn brushless in my desert gator with a voltex 53oo nimh and it is supersonic glad i did not destroy avante i put a more sensible 17 turn in avante . and wow i am really inpressed with the speed i have had this same motor and esc in my terraschorcher and my grashopper and wild willy 2 but its never been the same sort of speed so i can only complement the avantie apart from one thing which is the steering ????????

perhaps its because i use the orginal tyres i am no stranger to tamiya i was ten when i got my grasshopper 1 25 years ago been racing ever since ,

if anyone actually owns a avante 2011 or orginal please help i have checked i have correct servo saver screw/ set up but i constantely have to adjust the dam steering is this a commonn fault or me being dum , apart form the steering i am like wow very inpressed , i have not even sprayed the top yet or cut it out this is prelimanry testing as i plan to race next sunday at bury metro rc outdoor club ,
lastely
i have issuies i paid 590 pounds for the brushless motor + a vantage fx (89 pounds) for my nephew and a avanti from a shop i wont name in england yet , and even though it says bonus parts included they did not give me the new wheels they are orange and they are the same as the darkinpact so they are missing and there tyres and i have rang shop and i shall let you know were this leads .

thx everyone

PS i am not rich i worked very hard to save for my avante and i lost a family meber last year the reson i came on to this server was to ask advise if avantie would run a brushless and got little replyes

probably my spelling etc if you have a avante sterring set up tips needed
thx keep up good work best tamiya site there is

thx
DARC
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #2955

Can't give any specific advice on the steering, its been a long time since I had an Avante ...

A couple of things come to mind though - have you got the right part fitted to the servo? A couple of the spline patterns on the Tamiya servo saver IIRC are quite close - for an Acoms type servo one is a very tight fit, the other is an easier fit & appears right, but allows the servo to move out of alignment, meaning you loose the centre...

... same thing can happen if the screw you use is too long.

Another possibilty is a missing tooth on one of the gears in the servo - I've had that & they seem to work fine most of the time but can inexplicably loose centering ...

Good luck with it :)

Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #2956

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
thx john

i will double check my servosaver and the screw lenght thx matey ;)

Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #2958

I think that was a good tip. Hope it helps...
But let us know when it doesn't so we can troubleshoot some more.

In your previous thread (about wanting to get the Avante) you kind of limited the response group to Avante owners... :huh: ;)
Maybe other members thought the same and that could be the reason you got little replies at first.
I wish I had the privilege of owning one but I don't belong to that select group... so far. :cry:
But I can always try to help out by checking the manual...

The Avante being an off roader, I do think the 17T is a better match than the (on road) 9T.
You can consider getting a sensored off road brushless (13.5-17,5T for example) for it.
That'll be loads of fun. :woohoo:

A good upgrade for your servo would be a high torque servo saver. Tamiya has one with parts number 51000.
This will make the steering more stable and protect the gears from impact.

Good luck with finishing the build and wish you lots of fun at the track! :)

Topic was moved to technical - title specified.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #3011

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
thx matey gonna order that servo saver i discoverd the problem with my steering , a over eager darc rushing to build it and test it ,::

woohoo

heres some pictures so far need to sticker up the cockpit etc looking forward to sunday racing i get great satisfaction knowing that i could have bought a lot of brushless racing ready to go vehicles a lot cheaper than this car but i stuck to my guns and got it ,i actually found my tamiya falcon did good at the club until i snapped the rear shop mounts ( did have 12 turn in it lol , and how does a wild willy 2 handel with a 12 turn motor on out door track ?
:silly: it doesent lol but nearely won from all the mebers watching my jeep instead of there own cars lol
Attachments:

Re: Avante steering problem 12 years 7 months ago #3023

thx matey gonna order that servo saver i discoverd the problem with my steering , a over eager darc rushing to build it and test it ,::

woohoo

Glad you got it sorted :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds