Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 6 days ago #9150

How about an article for the blog? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 6 days ago #9172

SOAB.... just finished writing a how-to on moulding, submitted it, then was informed my login time had expired, please log in again... lost the lot. It'll have to wait until I can find more time.
Jonny, silicone I'm using is Polycraft GP3481 2-pack from GRP Supplies, Ireland. Resin is polyester 2-pack from same supplier, can't remember the part number though. Don't go for the cheaper latex as the resin will attack it

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 5 days ago #9178

Sounds frustrating and wasteful to lose the text like that. I know the feeling. :S :(
I've never had the login time expire myself though... :huh:

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 5 days ago #9180

My own fault really, should've known better & written it as a saved document & copied & pasted it, that's the next plan... Taken some pics tonight of the various stages, I'll try to get to writing something up tomorrow night, assuming I get as far as waiting for paint to dry or something! - in the middle of the Quattro rebuild (Still, keep getting distracted!) & a custom holiday buggy with Kamtec's Scorcher shell, so they can have new pics of it. Don't need to buy a driver, got lots now!

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 1 day ago #9232

www.scale4x4rc....hp?t=66640

A guy over on scale is making a few parts.
Team Bad Attitude

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 18 hours ago #9233

www.scale4x4rc....hp?t=66640

A guy over on scale is making a few parts.

Some excellent work there :y: ... but I wonder how many of those V8 engines he actually sold ? :S

Re: Molding your own RC parts... 12 years 9 hours ago #9262

Like the idea of manual injection moulding, & I'm sure I can lay my hands on/make the appropriate bits for one. Not sure about the idea of resin moulds (Or whatever it is they're made from - I'd guess with that leverage, the moulds could see several tons of pressure, & you'd know about it if a mould exploded. The "Fix" for that would be to mount the moulds within a steel box. Looks like he's using a pukka injection nozzle for it. Great, something else to distract me from the TXT!....
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea - could mould some hardy parts in thermoplastic (eg polypropylene suspension arms, ABS gear cases etc) rather than having to use relatively brittle thermoset resins

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.