Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50035

What paint is the most color matching of the yellow on the Falcon?

I've found some Striker rims in my spare bin that needs a refurb.

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50039

The boxart is the less worse for me...

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50046

Not sure if you can get it where you are but I have had good luck with the Krylon fusion brand paints, they stick well to out type of plastic ( lexan bodies too )
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50048

Or find plastic primer for automotive bumpers like ixell brand. And auto paints.

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50051

IIRC the yellow plastic parts on the Falcon are the same as CVA shocks wherever you find them - half free-range egg yolk, half unripe lemon. If you want to use Tamiya PS paints, TS47 Chrome Yellow would be a better match than TS-16 Yellow, airbrushed X-8 acrylic Lemon Yellow would work (evidently Tamiya were looking at a ripe lemon), my "favorite" Hycote - Daytona Yellow and Ford Signal Yellow would both be wrong, but AA yellow could work.

It's all supposition/opinion, look on Google image search for real world examples of various yelllows, never trust the colour on the caps, paint books/swatches aren't that great either.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50060

IIRC the yellow plastic parts on the Falcon are the same as CVA shocks wherever you find them - half free-range egg yolk, half unripe lemon. If you want to use Tamiya PS paints, TS47 Chrome Yellow would be a better match than TS-16 Yellow, airbrushed X-8 acrylic Lemon Yellow would work (evidently Tamiya were looking at a ripe lemon), my "favorite" Hycote - Daytona Yellow and Ford Signal Yellow would both be wrong, but AA yellow could work.

It's all supposition/opinion, look on Google image search for real world examples of various yelllows, never trust the colour on the caps, paint books/swatches aren't that great either.

:)

Thank you :y:

That's was the info I hoped to get ;)
TS-47 it is lol.

I take white primer will be best for the that color?

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50070

Are you looking for a set of Yellow falcon rim's ?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50072

Attachments:

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50075

Are you looking for a set of Yellow falcon rim's ?

Yes mate ;)

Falcon Yellow 5 years 11 months ago #50076

Pass me your address and they're on the way :) ( just the rim's as the tyres are in use on another model ;) )

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.