Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Porsche 936 Paint details 12 years 9 months ago #1987

I'm just tidying up my Porsche 936 and wondered how people best felt the driver and certain details should be painted:ohmy: . I'm following the English manual on here , as I only had a Japanese one. It appears the manual doesn't always match the box art ? My car already had the number '3' on it rather than '4' so the nose and tail should be done in blue I believe? Has anyone else with this car painted the skyhook (on the top of the airbox) , inside the airbox , the petrol , water oil caps etc

Unfortunately the car was stickered unpainted, I've got a lot of marks off the white body with furniture polish and it's looking much better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Porsche 936 Paint details 12 years 9 months ago #1995

I'm just tidying up my Porsche 936 and wondered how people best felt the driver and certain details should be painted:ohmy: . I'm following the English manual on here , as I only had a Japanese one. It appears the manual doesn't always match the box art ? My car already had the number '3' on it rather than '4' so the nose and tail should be done in blue I believe? Has anyone else with this car painted the skyhook (on the top of the airbox) , inside the airbox , the petrol , water oil caps etc

Unfortunately the car was stickered unpainted, I've got a lot of marks off the white body with furniture polish and it's looking much better.

Hello & welcome on board :)

The 936 is not a car I own - to be honest, my interest doesn't go back that far... but yes, I see what you mean - the box illustration and the manual are different, most noticeable to me was the driver's helmet looks dark blue on the box, but in the manual, it's black.

If you haven't already seen them, Tamiya101.com has some photos of a good example :)

My feeling is that if you are going "box art", then you should stick to the artist's impression on the box - not what it says in the manual, even if the box is "wrong". I think most people would agree, at least unconciously - this is why 99%+ of all Sand Rovers are red, not orange, for example :)

Re: Porsche 936 Paint details 12 years 9 months ago #2000

Maybe a bit off topic, but you should see this video :

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.