Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Removal of Decal glue 12 years 7 months ago #2651

Hi

can anyone advise the best way to remove glue residue left on a wild willy 2 shell where the original decals have peeled off? i cannot seem to just clean it off using soap and water and was wondering the best way to remove it avoiding any chemical reactions before repainting.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 7 months ago #2652

I was thinking aceton-free nail polish remover or alcohol myself but this is an interesting page :

www.ehow.com/vi...ckers.html

Looks like cooking oil (#4) could be worth a try. :blink:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 7 months ago #2666

I can give an honest answer: Benzine. I use it on all my bodies before respray, to get the sticker residue off. Infact I just cleaned my Bullhead shell yesterday with benzine, and it got all the sticky muck off. and it provides a nice matt finish on the paint for the primer to adhere to. :cheer:

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 6 months ago #3500

i use Autoglym glue and tar remover its perfect just wash shell with hot soapy water afterwards:woohoo:

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 6 months ago #3512

Reading this back, I think cooking oil is only meant for paper decals... ;)

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 6 months ago #3513

I use White Spirit to remove glue residue.
Please note that it might also take some of the paints, but will not attack plastic.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 6 months ago #3527

yep whight sprirt is what i use as well;)
if its lexan shell be sure to not get it underneath on paint but it sure does the job

( advise gloves not good for hands )

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 6 months ago #3983

I always use wd40 works fine

Re: Removal of Decal glue 12 years 5 months ago #4196

WD40 - takes almost any sticker goob off & won't attack anything else (Good at removing chewing gum too!). Methylated spirit (The purple stuff) works on some sticky, but it will wipe permanent marker, letraset, waterslides etc. Dabbing with the sticky side of a piece of masking tape can sometimes work with delicate stuff like boxes & manuals etc

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.