Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #684

Anyone know Where to go to get quality reproduction decals

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #685

THIS guy on ebay sells good quality repro decals.

Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #689

There's someone on TamiyaClub who does it.
Can't remember who, off the top of my head.
Might even be the same person as larbut linked.

Just a word of caution,
be wary of sellers in Asia with low feedback ratings.
I have heard their decals are of poor quality, and when their feedback rating becomes too low, they start a new account.

But saying that, there does appear to be good quality repro decals around.

Re: Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #703

I spoke with him through eBay
Thanks
John

Re: Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #712

I just got a couple of decals from Tamiyoman (on TC) or "tamkyo-repro-rc-items" on Ebay (same person), and the decals are vey high quality. Recommended to all!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Reproduction decal kits 13 years 1 month ago #715

Inkjet printable sticky-back sheets are available (Also on Ebay) if you fancy having a go at printing your own. Make sure you get the thinner stuff & that it's the weatherproof version. Remember you can't print white - I usually get white AND clear sheets to get around this. You will also need a program for editing images & for resizing/placing images on A4 sheets (I use a combination of 'paint' & Greenstreet Publisher, which is similar to Microsoft's Publisher). Most Decal scans need resizing, a bit of 'tidying up' &/or colour adjustment & this can be tedious. Another option is to get the images printed at a professional print shop (They CAN print white) BUT they'll probably ask for a vectorised file (ie not jpg, bmp etc) to print from

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.