Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11812

So, I bought me a Tamiya, it's missing a few bits, but hopefully I can get hold of replacements strip it down and give it a clean/rebuilt and get it working, the problem is, I have no idea what it is...

Any ideas:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11813

It's a 58101 Bush Devil ... sort of :S
The following user(s) Liked this: corranga

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11818

I'm curious about those rims...

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11835

Excellent thanks! It is indeed, will see if I can track dsown a pdf manual or something now and start a strip down.

I've had a bit of a look, and I reckon it's only missing a couple of bolts and a rear drive shaft, though it's obviously a bit of a state. Still, was only a fiver along with some ancient (and probably useless) batteries and charger, and radio gear too.

Thanks again :)

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11836

I think they are just standard - they are the ones in this photo:

www.tamiyausa.c...t-id=58101

as I can see pink around bits of the rim, so they've been painted silver!

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11837

You can have a look at the manual here on TC. :y:
If you like, I can mail you a pdf of those images...
The following user(s) Liked this: corranga

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11838

If you're looking for another shell, you could go for the TBG item - when the shop's open again. :)
But I'm sure other Tamiya bodies would also fit, like the (modern?) Blackfoot for example...

Tbh, some of the other guys may know more details. :whistle:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11849

A fiver... for a bush devil.... I'll say it again, why does everyone else get the good deals? Well done mate!

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11878

A fiver... for a bush devil.... I'll say it again, why does everyone else get the good deals? Well done mate!

I'd love to say that the trick is to hang on for years and years and eventually, one comes along, but as it turns out, the last 3 Tamiyas I've seen at boot sales, I've bought!

The first was a Jeep Wrangler - chassis was near perfect, body was badly painted, and it had no LED lights, for a tenner, again with full radio gear and 2 1400mah batteries. The guy said it no longer worked, so I took it home, fixed the pinion, charger the battery, and found out how it went in the back garden.

I kept it for a year or so, but in the end, sold it on as my other half was moaning at me for too many R/Cs shortly after I spent 12 quid on a Mad Bull.

The Wrangler was a lovely model (despite the poor paint) but the Mad Bull runs so much better on the grass in my garden, so that was that.

In that way I've been fairly lucky, but on the other hand, you haven't seen the condition of this bush devil :S

Re: Just back from a bootsale - what have I bought..! 11 years 10 months ago #11882

... I'll say it again, why does everyone else get the good deals? ...

Is it because you lied when you were 17? :whistle: :lol:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.