Keyword

TOPIC:

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 10 months ago #44682

The body looks in a very good state. :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45148

Um Yes please & thank you :) :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mongoose1983

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45149

I know I know I have 2 already :laugh: It has parts in great condition & I want my new Original body to have a sweet original chassis :P

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45150

That Hot Shot II looks juicy, Andy! And complete with its original box & manual is just fantastic :)

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45151

And best of all Erich, A seller not far from me :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45165

Dude buddy. The HSII is very nice.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45188

Hey thought I would update here too. I got this not to long ago.....but I was ashamed and did not want to post any pictures ;) ;) Forgive me......

I don't know why after all these year I wanted to get and AYK !!! :unsure: This one came up and was a fairly good price ( I thought) I was looking for a Super Trail but those don't turn up too often , lots of Bobcats...well a few...and this one....

It's the version that Circus Hobbies sold in the USA, everywhere else it is called a Sidewinder. It is the same kit but with a different box and decal sheet, I guess Circus was doing enough business to get their name on it. it is very complete and the seller packed it up very nicely too.

It is not NIB, and apparently these came ready built though, just paint the body and ..... It has been run as there is some wear on the drive shafts, but the tires look new, some parts are loose too, but it is complete. The body does have some minor cracks and the decal sheets is untouched.

A bit of a strange box of stuff, a few used spare parts too?? Hmmmm.. I like the Sidewinder/ Gator better than the Bobcat and its offspring, the front end is more robust ( heavy ) and SRB like, and the inboard shock set up is very cool. B)
I never had an AYK back in the day and they were kind of rare to see back in the day too, From what I have read the company did not last too long into the 80's as well.
So there it is, another blast from the past, I think I will order a new body from TBG and decals from MCI and after a bit of a clean up get it out on the shelf too....can't believe I did it......what was I thinking.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, mongoose1983

Last edit: by oldwilly.

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 9 months ago #45189

I don't know why you'd be ashamed of that - maybe it's not quite up there with the major Japanese manufacturers, but it's a lot better than all the "toy" grade RC cars - and look how nostalgic some people get about those :)
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 8 months ago #45202

Well I was kind of kidding about being ashamed, I mean this is TAMIYA base and this is not a Tamiya, I thought people might start throwing rocks and ask me to leave :(
But seriously I think it is a fairly cool early R/C car and certainly not one of the " toy " grade ones, with some work they were apparently good performers too just like the SRB series. ....right up until the Kyosho Scorpions and hated RC10's showed up and ruined everything :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK
OK , so I will now publicly admit to owning brands other than Tamiya.....Oh the shame of it all......;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

My Ebay / Marketplace new & project buys. 6 years 8 months ago #45203

:D you aren't alone to have other brands than tamiya. Kyosho, traxxas, thunder tiger, mrc, MRC, and other exoctics brands are parked in my room. No shame on you buddy.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.