Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18834

Perhaps this topic has already been discussed here, but it's always fun to hear about people's "best ever" finds - bargains, rare items, free gifts etc.

What are yours?
www.rctoymemories.com - A nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys, from Tamiya, Nikko, Kyosho, Radio Shack and many more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18837

SPAM reported :angry:

I think it is quite difficult to find real bargains on ebay, simply because there is so much competition.

I was quite pleased with one of my recent purchases: 2 x Mardave Cobras (one with radio gear) plus a TL-01 for GBP£40 plus postage. This was a "Collection Only" listing, but I asked the seller if he would be happy for me to arrange a courier and he agreed.
I sold the TL-01 a few days later for £25 :y:
I will probably build one good Cobra from the three I now own ( :blush: ) and sell the others.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18838

The best ever find i got was my last Bruiser.

It was advertised on our local bidding platform for Switzerland, kind of national E-bay.
The Bruiser was listed as "Tamya Bruser" and sort of hidden in the search list.

I've been lucky to find it out, honestly i found it accidentally. I put a very low bid and fortunately i got it for less than 60€.

This is it

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18841

only 60, so that makes the bumpers I send you the most expensive parts on your car, bill is on its way :evil:

:whistle: :laugh: :laugh:

This is one of my better finds (sofar) all in one buy

the LB came extra.

Last edit: by waterbok.

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18844

The Sand Scorcher was bought before christmas, nothing special there. But the job lot of about 24 boxes of porsche tires, 7 differentials and 3 gearboxes was a pretty good find I though. One gear box is for a 936 Porsche, another a Honda F2, the third I am yet to identify. I got onto this when buying an unused chassis for my 58005 countach. Expect to see some ebay listing for tires, although I wonder if there is much demand for them,

regards

Johann

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18864

If you wanna part from the 936 gearbox give me a PM, been looking for one quite some time :)

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18871

Waterbock, I love your TF Evo.
Personnaly, I had some "best find. I bought a long years ago a lot of nib ta03 and TL01 for 50€ each. Boxes wasn't in top condition but cars was in kit :woohoo:
An other is my 037 TA03RS and my blackfoot when I was in college...

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18879

Ah, so that's why the old 1/12 diffs are so rare, Yogi's got them all!

I've had a few better than average deals over the years, most recent being a scabby Astute that turned up 99.9% original & complete, with AP427 radio installed,
one of the pair of ThunderDragons I bought was in exceptional condition under the crud, & most recently the 90% complete vintage XR311. Another memorable one was my mk1 Rough Rider, which although I paid the normal/right money for, turned up 99% original, undamaged (Relatively) & complete, with box (Including left-over bits, bags, lube, tools etc), original radio, 2x original batteries (1x boxed), chargers & original documentation, non of which was mentioned in the Ebay listing.

Oh & nearly forgot, the Thundershot (Dog toy) I was given, in excellent barely used condition, complete with original radio, 8.4v battery, fast & slow chargers & a Beatties bag

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18880

Maybe not that spectacular, but in 2005 (before the reissues) I found a new and complete C-parts tree for the Sand Scorcher on ebay, BIN for USD 50,- (a bargain at the time!)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

What has been your "best find"? 11 years 2 months ago #18887

others are my MRC (Model Racing Car)sand master and santana absolutely nib vorgotten since 1989 in the usine :woohoo: . In the same time I bought the MRC 1/5th and my clio MRC 1/4. Absolutely mint.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.