Keyword

TOPIC:

A Hilux at last! 11 years 3 weeks ago #20775

This one has been eluding me for many years. It was always just too expensive or I was not quick enough. To be honest I only got this specific car the second time around. It was listed on a local trading site, and I missed it. Fortunately I know the guy who bought it. Yesterday he approached me for a deal. A deal was made and now I own this beauty of a car.

I will take better pics once I get it home. Had to leave it at work :-(

Only things still needed is to repair the original tires (Pajero tires fitted), a driver figure, door mirror and decals. Paint deeds some reworking, but not half bad.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kermit.

A Hilux at last! 11 years 3 weeks ago #20779

Well done Kermit !

Before getting mine I experienced the same figures, being too late for bidding or ringing the seller on local adverts or simply others that were way too expensive for me.

After almost 7 month serching I finally found one in a local trading site.

I always thought that having such a Hi Lux is a must for Tamiya passionates and collector's !

Anyway yours looks in a pretty good shape ! Looking forward to see more pics of that beauty.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

A Hilux at last! 11 years 3 weeks ago #20783

:y: a chance.
It looks in a good condition

A Hilux at last! 11 years 3 weeks ago #20798

Thanks guys! It was a very exiting day for me. I have been trying to get one of these for over 7 years. I do agree that no collection is complete without it. I have the pair now! Not too worried about the Bruiser and the Mountaineer. As long as I have my Hilux and Blazer, I am happy.

The car was restored before I got my hands on it, although there was very little wrong with it before the restoration. I need to repair the original tires, find a side mirror and decals.

A Hilux at last! 11 years 3 weeks ago #20805

Well done finding a real rare Tamiya in great shape as well, in South Africa these are even harder to find. I agree with you that the Bruiser and Mountaineer does not have the same scale appearance and borders on been toy like compared. I do like the Pajero tires almost better than the originals.
Marius

A Hilux at last! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20809

Think mine's got Hummer tyres on it. They look the part, but the rubber is a bit hard

A Hilux at last! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20811

I think hard or soft tires makes no difference. With a suspension like this they could have made the tires out of wood and have the same result :lol:

A Hilux at last! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20854

Ha yes, they made the suspension really hard so that it wouldn't move too much & break the non-sliding propshafts! - the "give" is achieved by rubber mounting the gearbox on a floppy ally plate, but even then the prop grubscrews keep coming undone!

I was actually thinking the hard tyres have no grip, but your point is probably a better one!

A Hilux at last! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20861

Ha yes, they made the suspension really hard so that it wouldn't move too much & break the non-sliding propshafts! - the "give" is achieved by rubber mounting the gearbox on a floppy ally plate, but even then the prop grubscrews keep coming undone!

I was actually thinking the hard tyres have no grip, but your point is probably a better one!

The prop shafts are actually sliding ones on the Hilux ;)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

A Hilux at last! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20873

I had to pick the manual up & double check.... You're right, that's what's shown in the manual.
Mine aren't, & they don't look like home-made ones to me. I wonder if there's an early/late differences thing going on with them like the SRBs?
Still, at least that explains some of the problems mine has with rock-hard suspension & always-loose UJs!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.