Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26443

A friend bought one of these expert built for the bodyset as he has a project planned and offered me the chassis for just £30.00 its brand new and unused so i thought id make a project of my own and im looking for wheel and bodyshell combo's that i can fit to it to make something a little different and was looking for suggestions from other memebers (and please dont say a blackfoot shell :laugh: ) i plan to ballrace the chassis and maybe fit some oil shocks too.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26444

I think you can add two gearboxes and motors to this chassis - That's what I would do, along with a Tamiya 106bk and two sport-tuned motors and a high torque steering servo and high-torque servo saver and full sealed bearing set. :woohoo:

A deffo to fit oil shocks.

Sorry... Getting over excited :laugh:

Last edit: by dreadly.

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26445

I like your thinking dreadly :evil: i was thinking of different wheels to fit it luckily this chassis has the standard hex drives all around which expands my choice quite a lot i was thinking of going for a beetle style body but i have seen the blackfoot extreme pics and they look pretty good too :(

Im not too sure about the twin motor idea i used to have a twin detonator and found it was very slow think i may stick to the one motor but maybe a little hotter one

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26446

I like your thinking dreadly :evil: i was thinking of different wheels to fit it luckily this chassis has the standard hex drives all around which expands my choice quite a lot i was thinking of going for a beetle style body but i have seen the blackfoot extreme pics and they look pretty good too :(

Im not too sure about the twin motor idea i used to have a twin detonator and found it was very slow think i may stick to the one motor but maybe a little hotter one

Ok, ok... what about twin 5.5t brushless with twin esc's and a servo splitter to give dual brushless power? - If that's slow I will eat my... err, well, I don't wear hats. I will eat my underpants? (After washing)

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26447

well hop-ups are mainly the same so here some of my WD pics.

I recommend drilling the plastic mounts and stick a screw with nut through to attach damper mounts.

And these axles are great replacment better than the 3racing/GPM ones (front)

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26448

great ideas thanks keep them coming :y:

Blackfoot 3 chassis 10 years 5 months ago #26453

I like these for a wheel and tyre option B)

Maybe a baja beetle body ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.