Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40076

It was VERY cheap.

It has a nice Top Force Body with spoiler, BUT painted in white, even when it won't look wrong, I prefer Metal Green.

The Faux Force bit comes due to the fact that it is a Top Force, but someone replaced the carbon parts :pinch: for Manta Ray ones (plastic), my plan is replacing them for Aluminum painted Anthracite black (as soon I can get hold of decent plans of the Carbon parts). Or, does anybody makes those parts in Carbon on 2016?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40077

It needs a little more besides the carbon parts, you will need the alloy chassis mount posts and J-parts too.
Those are soo hard to get and probably expensive too that it makes more sense to wait for a original state TF to come by and score that one. They do occasionaly appear on online fleamarkets for around 80-90€ if you are lucky

edit, or did they only replace the shock mounts ? maybe post some pictures

Last edit: by waterbok.

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40078

Top Force carbon parts can be ordered here:

www.fibre-lyte....force.html

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40079

I see... still prefer to make my own parts, also, thanks to TommieG, I'm ready to take some measurements of a present Top Force part (like separation of Front Diff box bolt holes) to extrapolate correct dimensions of all the chassis, then I apply them to TommieG chassis image/plan then I can get the chassis machined in a local shop for the ultimate Cheapskate Force :)

oh, I appreciate highly if someone posts the Alloy mounts height

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40080

oh, I appreciate highly if someone posts the Alloy mounts height

Last edit: by Dash_Crash. Reason: please erase this post

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40081

search the forum for top force, there should be a thread about one where I posted sketches from the plates and the body posts.

these thread do tend to get long due to the subject :whistle: so you will have to klick thru all the pages. ;)

Last edit: by waterbok.

Ordered a Faux Force 7 years 8 months ago #40278

already got it, just arrived this morning and giddy aunt! seller forgot to include MSC and servo, but had another Manta ray too that came whole, but with acoms servos that won't fit on my Kyosho rx... James Rolphe moment here... F******K!!!!!!!! Oh, but at least I can rev the motor on the Manta ray....

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.