Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage SS from the bay 7 years 3 months ago #42157

Maybe paid a little over the odds for it and I am sure many of you saw it on the bay but once it arrived initial inspection reveals it is not actually that bad and with the bits that came with it and the spare vintage Rough Rider bits I have already it doesn't need that much. Thsi is a project for the near future once I complete my 936 that I have just posted elsewhere on here.

Anyway here are some pics as it turned up, it sin th eloft know waiting my time although some bits new bits have already been ordered like tyres etc as I really dont see the point of putting new old stock tyres on as you pay over the oldds for something that has seen just as many years as the originals and wont last long as a result

Anyway once I start on this it will be the subject of another post but feel free to give some feedback and advice on all parts of the restoration of this one

Simon
Anyway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage SS from the bay 7 years 3 months ago #42158

Hi Simon,
Nice SS you got there and i'm sure it will a nice restoration project.
I am actually restoring mine but i want it to be restored with vintage parts only.(i might do some exceptions though) I can tell you that until now this project has exploded by far my initial "restore budget"...and it still needs some parts :dry: :dry:

You are talking about the tires...and i totally agree with you after seeing those silly prices asked for NOS tires i finally ended ordering re-re ones!
Anyway, i'm looking forward to see your resto thread and i really hope that you will enjoy restoring as i am doing it with mine !
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Vintage SS from the bay 7 years 3 months ago #42160

Simon, That's a very good basis for a nice restoration. And the spares you are missing are easy to find in rere on the bay. :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.