Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2433

I finally got a Bullhead thanks to Full Throttle.

Pictured here next to my Lunchbox

I will strip it down fully, and replace all the bushings with bearings. But overall this thing is mint condition.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Louisbaby.

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2435

Nice one :D

You can see pictures of the Bullhead & Clod/Super Clod, you can read the dimensions - but nothing really prepares you for the sheer size of these things ...

ps, these monster won't quite drive over a Lunchbox - but they'll give it a good try ... they will also float (really), meaning you can "sail" them across large/deep puddles, and small lakes, though you'd be advised to seal up the tyres before you try long crossings ... they're also excellent in snow :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2438

It doesn't snow here...:cry: But the snow chains look rad dude. I watched a clip on Youtube of a Bullhead crossing a pool. :woohoo: Crazy people in this world...

P.S. I read your article on making the snow chains:

www.tamiya101.c...chains.asp

Nice work dude...

Last edit: by Louisbaby.

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2439

I have 2 quick questions.

(1) What is the difference in the mounting holes of the shocks?

I've seen pics of the shocks mounted in all different positions, and I wondered if it makes a difference?

(2) I have a problem with the steering, the Bullhead goes all over the place. There is quite a lot of play in all the links, (from servo to wheels).
Is this a common problem with the Clod based vehicles? There is not much left to right steering, and it seems to take forever to change from left to right. That might be the servo though.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments:

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2441

I can mail you (a scan of) the tune up guide if you want.
Looks a bit like this - Bullhead is on the back :

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2442

(1) What is the difference in the mounting holes of the shocks?
I've seen pics of the shocks mounted in all different positions, and I wondered if it makes a difference?

I just had a look at the Clod & Super Clod manuals, they all show the shocks being mounted in the centre hole ... I'm not sure it'd make a difference - all the shocks seem to do is make the bodywork jiggle around a bit :silly:

I wonder if this is a case of Tamiya thinking ahead, potentially with shorter/longer arms the mounting points mean you could vary the wheelbase by 10mm each way ... not an awful lot, but it might have made sense if they were planning more body variants?

(2) I have a problem with the steering, the Bullhead goes all over the place. There is quite a lot of play in all the links, (from servo to wheels).
Is this a common problem with the Clod based vehicles? There is not much left to right steering, and it seems to take forever to change from left to right. That might be the servo though.

I don't think you so much "steer" a monster like this, more like anticipate where it's going to go, and move the steering stick in sympathy ;)

Seriously, my Super Clod only steers crabwise under power, and only on the rear wheels under deceleration, I think most of the movement is in the "servo savers" on each axle, I always planned to lock those up & put a really chunky metal geared servo in instead ...

By repute, the Clod/Bullhead chassis is infinitely upgradeable, I don't know how true it is, but apparently you can build a complete one without buying a single Tamiya part - there must be something to improve the steering in all that :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2443

Please do. You have my email address.

Thanks

I can mail you (a scan of) the tune up guide if you want.
Looks a bit like this - Bullhead is on the back :

Re: Finally got a Bullhead 12 years 8 months ago #2445

Scanned and mailed. More detail than this pic of course. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.